Curb Your Enthusiasm Page 7

Quote: Pilot @ January 17, 2008, 1:28 PM

It's on More 4 this monday at 2235

My penis is already oozing pre-cum in anticipation.

So you all fancy Larry too?

That's comforting.

Quote: zooo @ January 21, 2008, 7:47 PM

So you all fancy Larry too?

That's comforting.

I don't fancy Larry David, however I think his (on-screen)father is a sexy bitch.

Of course, Jeff Garlin is a total sexpot too! Lovey

I hope the rest of the series is an improvement. Tonight's seemed on a par with most of Season 5 (which isn't a good thing). Now, where's that shark gone?

Any episode with Marty Funkhouser in, is good in my book. :D

Quote: Badge @ January 21, 2008, 11:18 PM

I hope the rest of the series is an improvement. Tonight's seemed on a par with most of Season 5 (which isn't a good thing). Now, where's that shark gone?

Yeah, far too many holes in that episode for me. Hope it gets better.

Holes?
Who looks for holes when enjoying a nice funny sitcom.

The only thing that was unfortunate was that smoke alarm scene being a bit similar to the one in Friends, but luckily that wasn't a main plot point in the end. (Well it was, but they didn't spend much screen time on it.)

Quote: zooo @ January 22, 2008, 1:35 PM

Holes?
Who looks for holes when enjoying a nice funny sitcom.

I wasn't looking for them, they quite clearly appeared:
Who on earth would think its a good idea to pretend to go to a party a day late when they have something else urgent to do that same night, thinking they wouldn't be asked in anyway?

Then when it goes predictably wrong, do it again?

Why would Larry get the blame for SOMEONE ELSE bringing an erotic cake to his party? Especially by someone who has been put up for free after their house got flooded?

Because EVERYONE he knows is an arsehole.

Anyway, fair enough. If I noticed a hole it might bother me too, I just very rarely do.

I love Curb, but it does bother me how no one ever sticks up for him, even his own wife, when they know he hasnt done anything wrong! Taped this last night, so I havent watched it yet, hope its a good one.

Quote: zooo @ January 22, 2008, 3:03 PM

Because EVERYONE he knows is an arsehole.

I don't agree with that. I see curb as one man's struggle with everyday life and everyday people. His actions and unfortunate decisions make him look like an arsehole but its rare that EVERYONE else is.

I always assume that the point of the show is you put yourself in his shoes but I kept on thinking these things wouldn't happen.

In my opinion, everyone he meets ends up being a ridiculous, easily offended, no sense of humour git.

The only one on his wavelength is... thingy, Jeff. Not even his wife truly gets him.
(Are they even married? The characters.)

I think one of the messages is L.A is not a nice place, everyone puts up masks, as in the conversation always starts off good and then quickly turns into something nasty.

Larry David the person/character loves New York, I assume and even when they go to NYC the same things happen, it is more apparent in L.A.

Quote: zooo @ January 22, 2008, 3:22 PM

In my opinion, everyone he meets ends up being a ridiculous, easily offended, no sense of humour git.

Well Larry David has said in interviews that his character is supposed to be him if he did and said everything he thought, which he would never had the balls to do. So its supposed to him that's the problem not everyone else and I think that comes across.

If you haven't seen all of season six yet, I'll just say watch out for Leon.