BCG Fantasy Premier League 2014/15 Page 17

:D

:D

Quote: don rushmore @ 29th September 2014, 11:59 PM BST

To make things interesting, I'll relegate the bottom team and they won't be allowed to play in 2015/16.

That's actually not a bad idea, but you can't do it because it's not your league - it's our league - just so you don't forget Don. :)

Quote: Gerry McDonnell @ 27th September 2014, 9:29 PM BST

I'd have had a really good week if I hadn't transferred Dzeko out, and if Rooney hadn't got sent off, and if Ramsey hadn't died.

You did have a good week after all, with clean sheets from your back three and keeper. That's the way to win the game - if the rest of your team score any points of course.

I've gone one place above Mr Splodge
If I hold my hand over the top of the screen it's almost like old times

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 30th September 2014, 12:20 PM BST

That's actually not a bad idea, but you can't do it because it's not your league - it's our league - just so you don't forget Don. :

I want this league to be different from the original, Godot - so relegation stays. If other people object, I'll have a rethink.

Relegation's a bit too harsh I think, how about a forfeit of some kind instead?

Maybe whoever finishes bottom has to record themselves reciting a monologue of the winner's choice, or something a little less lame :)

Quote: Gerry McDonnell @ 1st October 2014, 4:18 PM BST

Maybe whoever finishes bottom has to record themselves reciting a monologue of the winner's choice, or something a little less lame

I like the forfeit idea but Kipper and Horseradish are old men and won't have the technical skills to upload a video.

Relegation's a bit too harsh I think ...

It's harsh, I agree, but there'll be 5 teams at Christmas unable to win the league, a relegation scrap will keep them interested.

Other suggestions welcome of course.

Why can't Welbeck score a hat trick in the Premier League?! Still not sure about my striking options. Is Costa injured or not this weekend?!

Quote: don rushmore @ 1st October 2014, 10:28 PM BST

It's harsh, I agree, but there'll be 5 teams at Christmas unable to win the league, a relegation scrap will keep them interested.

You know that Kim Jong un is top of his own fantasy league table as well

He prefers playing FIFA 15 - Career Korea Mode

Laughing out loud

I thought he might go for pro evil

I think I've jinxed Ulloa.

Quote: Splodge @ 2nd October 2014, 10:37 AM BST

I think I've jinxed Ulloa.

I have to shoulder some of the blame for that too. Don't be too hard on yourself.

Quote: don rushmore @ 1st October 2014, 10:28 PM BST

I like the forfeit idea but Kipper and Horseradish are old men and won't have the technical skills to upload a video.

Other suggestions welcome of course.

If push comes to shove, I will turn up in person.

Would Stanley Holloway suit?

I don't think relegation is a good idea as it makes the league poorer. I would suggest we need to encourage more members who are willing post rather than exclude anyone. Could be a points penalty.start off -10 or similar.

I like the relegation idea (though a bit harsh, and you'll be able to stay in the Clique league)

How about setting up a head-to-head league of the bottom half starting in a later Gameweek (perhaps enough to play each other once or twice) and the bottom of *that* league gets relegated. If it's head-to-head, it's a bit more random as a inactive team usually gets a bonkers amount of points at least once a season (usually around the Easter period for some reason).

Obviously this means we need some sort of 'Championship' of people vying for places in the Prem. Maybe we should split into divisions for next year?

You can suspend teams for a number of weeks (so those points don't count -- I'm guessing, never actually done it) so rather than relegation, perhaps a penalty for the bottom three: one week no points for third from bottom, two weeks second from bottom and three weeks for bottom.

(Though, tbh, those penalties are more appealing to me if they're aimed at the top three!)

Dan