BCG Fantasy Premier League 2014/15

New thread for this season. I've set the league up again. Code to join the British Comedy Guide League is:
285722-76805

There is a strong possibility you have been renewed, if you were in the league last year.

I've also created a Head-to-Head league (BCG H2H). Code is:
285722-76858

For newbies, go to http://fantasy.premierleague.com/

Create a login, then create a team, then click on 'leagues' >> 'create/join' >> enter the code in the box.

Enjoy and encourage members to join.

Ta

Dan

Cheers Dan. We go again!

You can never have too many Steven Gerrard's Rolling eyes

Quote: Gerry McDonnell @ 22nd July 2014, 12:15 PM BST

Gerrard: We go again!
Suarez: Yeah....I'm not going to do that.

This proved (relatively) popular last season, so here's the odds on the BCG Clique Winner for the 2014/2015 season.

Steve Sunshine / Fantasy Football Scout Platinum 3/1
Gerry McDonnell 4/1
Mr Splodge 9/1
Godot Taxis 10/1
Stylee Ting Ting 10/1
Don Rushmore 12/1
Ross Salvage 14/1
Horseradish 16/1
Jennie 16/1
Ben Ricketts 25/1
Dan (Dan) 25/1
George Kaplan 25/1
Paul Rogers 25/1
Rob H 25/1
Daniel Shakir 66/1
Badge 250/1
Chappers 2,500/1

My thoughts on the newcomers:

Stylee Ting Ting:
He/She has a good understanding of stats which makes him/her a potentially strong player. One to watch.

Jennie:
Obviously a smart cookie this one, I think she works in law although never mentions it. A warm outsider.

I'll have a quid on Don.

Those odds on chappers are an insult! I'd be looking for at least 3000/1 before giving him a tickle.

As far as I remember, the one with 25 names was gatecrashed last season by people who weren't BCG members but somehow got the code (or something?) So the clique league was created - to be honest, I think this is the only one of these you really need.

The head-2-head league is basically like a fixture list - you'll be playing Gerry one week, and if you get more points than him in that week, that counts as a win for you (so, like a proper football league). You'll play the other teams throughout the season.

Don't forget that some people might be entering their teams in other leagues, so using a BCG moniker might be confusing.

I'm sure others will correct me if I've got something wrong.

Quote: Gerry McDonnell @ 25th July 2014, 12:00 PM BST

Daniel Shakir 66/1

Yeah, 'bout right.

Shaggy's right, the BCG league was usurped by lots of deadbeats who never post with charming names like 'Anal Leakage' and 'Mugging you off'.

Instead of rightfully reclaiming it we rather meekly created an offshoot called the clique, which is the only one you need to be in.

Though presumably that will now fill up with wankers, since Dan's posted the code in this thread.

Quote: Gerry McDonnell @ 25th July 2014, 12:00 PM BST

This proved (relatively) popular last season, so here's the odds on the BCG Clique Winner for the 2014/2015 season.

Steve Sunshine / Fantasy Football Scout Platinum 3/1
Gerry McDonnell 4/1
Mr Splodge 9/1
Godot Taxis 10/1
Stylee Ting Ting 10/1
Don Rushmore 12/1
Ross Salvage 14/1
Horseradish 16/1
Jennie 16/1
Ben Ricketts 25/1
Dan (Dan) 25/1
George Kaplan 25/1
Paul Rogers 25/1
Rob H 25/1
Daniel Shakir 66/1
Badge 250/1
Chappers 2,500/1

Very fair odds on me. No one seemed to question why my performance crashed quite spectacularly in the second half of the season with something like only four green arrows from the last nineteen games.

The truth is I haven't been well since March. I believed it was having no effect on my performance, but the reality seems otherwise. Obviously this sounds like getting in my excuses early but I love you guys and this game and I feel I should let you know.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 27th July 2014, 1:07 PM BST

The truth is I haven't been well since March. I believed it was having no effect on my performance, but the reality seems otherwise. Obviously this sounds like getting in my excuses early but I love you guys and this game and I feel I should let you know.

Well I've been perched in the tree outside your house for the last six months and you looked fine to me. That Blackbird song that's always irritated the f**k out of you..me! Impressive. You are the guy with the wart the shape of James Bolam's head on your penis right?

The truth is I haven't been well since March.

Sorry to hear that, GT. Hope you're on the mend/back to your old self soon.

Sorry to hear about your health, Godot. Hope you're on the mend.

No one seemed to question why my performance crashed quite spectacularly in the second half of the season

I put it down to you not being very good at fantasy football :)

Seriously though, I wish you a full recovery mate.

I'm in! Aspidistra Flyers Are go!

Quote: Gerry McDonnell @ 28th July 2014, 8:31 AM BST

I put it down to you not being very good at fantasy football :)

Seriously though, I wish you a full recovery mate.

:D

Thanks guys. I hope so too.