BCG Fantasy Premier League 2014/15 Page 21

The only one of you clowns with Aguero and I ended up with the lowest score of the gameweek. In fact more than 2 million people did better than me this week.

I'm not the sort of person to drop out of the league or delete my team but I've lost a lot of interest in this, it really is a lottery.

Although having a forward line of Costa Aguero & Falcao is very expensive & does run the risk of leaving you threadbare elsewhere.

Another week they could all score a hatful & you're laughing

I take your point but I didn't really make any sacrifices to get Costa, Falcao and Aguero - I don't want Hazard or Fabregas or Sanchez or any of the more expensive mids. I didn't even want Sterling as he's a poor finisher.

I've made a couple of mistakes: I shouldn't have swapped Loris for Heaton. That's cost me 17pts despite Loris only getting one clean sheet since I sold him. And I shouldn't have bought McGeady. He's a great player and a goalscorer but has hardly been used.

An Everton defender would have been nice this weekend but if I had the funds I would have bought a Chelsea defender and the truth is it would have been Azpiliqueta who got a straight red. :)

This week's results are flukey in that they matched a certain template team that a lot of people have - not so much in our league but elsewhere. Some of the braggarts on the fantasy scout forum are going bananas about how they've predicted the performance of tadic etc., but four assists is a fluke result against a team that gave up and won't happen again.

On the other hand Falcao has looked very threatening in all of his appearances (didn't see last night) and has great movement and will score a hat trick this season.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 21st October 2014, 4:21 PM BST

Another week they could all score a hatful & you're laughing

That's sort of my point. It's basically bingo. Trying to see as many games as possible, reading match reports, looking at stats etc., doesn't really count for much.

It's a weird game and can seem like bingo at times - I think on Sunday I looked at the highest scoring team (127 points by then) and it was simply a lucky week for them. They hadn't had any performances anywhere near this judging by their overall total.

At the moment I feel like I'm pissing into the wind. Still it will be interesting to see how this irons out. Very unpredictable week in week out. But it's kind of fun experimenting even if it's getting me absolutely nowhere at the moment. I look at my team and quite frankly I like the look of it. Shame it's so shit in reality!

Quote: Ben @ 23rd October 2014, 10:43 PM BST

It's a weird game and can seem like bingo at times - I think on Sunday I looked at the highest scoring team (127 points by then) and it was simply a lucky week for them. They hadn't had any performances anywhere near this judging by their overall total.

Yeah, one of my mates picks a team at the beginning of the season and makes a point of not changing it. Without fail, one week in the season (usually in the fixture congestion around Easter) he'll amass a load of points in one week -- close to 100 -- and the usual amounts are 15/20 points by then. He still have David Seaman in goal one year, five months after he'd retired.

Dan

Diego Costa's getting on my f**king wick.

If Don doesn't post something soon can we eject him from his own league?

Quote: shaggy292 @ 24th October 2014, 7:07 PM BST

For me Aguero is way more difficult, like a fool I bought him back in after selling him and made him captain. He'll probably do nothing for 3 weeks now. Him and that Dzeko!! Chelsea defence are now biggest points losers, paid a fortune for that bus. Back on the bottom. Pirate

Quote: shaggy292 @ 24th October 2014, 7:07 PM BST

Laughing out loud

The clique has updated with this week's final scores but 'Don's league' still shows last week's scores. Don, you've just added an extra layer of f**kery.

Please join the clique and delete your league. Dan, please delete the original league and rename the clique appropriately.

Jesus, how can everything be so f**ked up still.

My wildcard is active. I've had enough :)

I wouldn't wildcard with your team. You've just taken a points hit too.

Nice to see Ivanovic coming on for Costa with his -1. I'm still the king of negative points - 5 red cards in my first season. :)

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 25th October 2014, 10:10 PM BST

Please join the clique and delete your league.

I'll rejoin but 'my' league will remain, with no one pulling out. Deal?

I'm hoping Villa can do me proud tonight and win a few more pitiful points.

A tough week all round by the looks of it apart from the freewheeling Horseradish who is well above the average score.