BCG Fantasy Premier League 2014/15 Page 14

Quote: Badge @ 25th July 2014, 12:29 PM BST

I'll have a quid on Don.

Can I cash in now Gerry?

Quote: Badge @ 15th September 2014, 1:52 PM BST

Can I cash in now Gerry?

Sorry Badge, the original odds quoted were for the BCG Clique league; the Don has charged to the head of the Official BCG™ League, which is a separate and completely unrelated organisation.

Yeah the clique's a bit better - I'm second in that league.

Why did you wildcard? I had a cursory glance at your squad on Friday, seemed OK.

I wildcarded when Sturridge was confirmed out for six games. That left me with just Fletcher and Rooney up front.

In defence I had Dummet and Bruce not playing and Clichy as a risk in a team unlikely to get a clean sheet against Arsenal. I also had Terry unlikely to get a cleanie.

I also expected Ramsay to be rested because of tomorrow's CL fixture and Rooney to play deep to accommodate Falcao.

As it happens I was mostly right - Fletcher, Dummett and Bruce didn't play, Terry got -1. Widely expected to drop Mata, Van Big Gaal's blouse switched from 3/5/2 to a midfield diamond and played Rooney up front.

My pre-wildcard team would have got just 32 points - 42 if I had captained Rooney - which I probably would have done since no-one else looked likely to score much (and didn't).

Incidentally this is the third week I've had no returns from my Captain (equalled only by Horseradish and Stylee) and I'm pretty much sick of it.

Well, I don't see what was wrong with the old league, but I've joined the new league too, which now has only one member less!

Woohoo!

Dan

An average sort of week for me and lucky that Schneiderlin got a last minute goal. Not sure what to do this week. I was planning to bring Costa in even if he's got a broken leg, but they're away to Man City. Will stick with Aguero.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 15th September 2014, 4:05 PM BST

I also expected Ramsay to be rested because of tomorrow's CL fixture

I get that. Selling him was a bit extreme though.

Widely expected to drop Mata

You should know by now, "widely expected" means f**k all - it's just guesswork. Make your own decisions. Don't listen to FF Scout or anyone else. I went against the grain, kept Mata, and it worked out.

PS - your new front 3 is the best I've seen.

Horseradish, to be eligible for the Official BCG™ League, you need to post in THIS thread. Comply or die.

Quote: swerytd @ 15th September 2014, 4:52 PM BST

Well, I don't see what was wrong with the old league, but I've joined the new league too, which now has only one member less!

Welcome aboard, Dan.

Well done being top of the new league Don
Having no Palace players has done your team the world of good.

Well done to Gerry for topping the original BCG Clique league
And well done to C**ty Pissflaps or whoever is top of the original BCG league

Quote: don rushmore @ 15th September 2014, 7:50 PM BST

You should know by now, "widely expected" means f**k all - it's just guesswork. Make your own decisions. Don't listen to FF Scout or anyone else. I went against the grain, kept Mata, and it worked out.

To be honest I think this week was an exception and I was unlucky. He isn't going to play Falcao as a sub again, and that means putting Rooney in at #10 and pushing Mata onto the right wing. The alternative is to drop either Van Persie or Rooney and keep Mata where he is. He could also leave him where he is and put Rooney on the left but and Di Maria on the right but Rooney's definitely less effective wide and not really fast enough to be a good winger.

Yeah, FF scout - from their picks for this week:

"This means that after three rounds of fixtures, I have 154 points, The Community has 145, Mark has 137 and Jonty has 136."

I had 160. If I could get my captaincy pick right I'd be miles ahead.

Quote: swerytd @ 15th September 2014, 4:52 PM BST

Woohoo!

Dan

Very strong week Dan - you're the only player to get a return from your captain every week so far.

Captain's scores - GW1-4

64 - Dan
56 - Shaggy
48 - Don
46 - Gerry
42 - Ben
42 - Kipper
34 - Steve
30 - Splodge
24 - Horseradish
24 - Godot
22 - Stylee

4/4
Dan

3/4
Gerry, Ben, Shaggy, kipper, Don

2/4
Steve, Splodge, Ross

1/4
Godot, Stylee, Horseradish

Quote: don rushmore @ 15th September 2014, 9:09 PM BST

Horseradish, to be eligible for the Official BCG™ League, you need to post in THIS thread. Comply or die. Welcome aboard, Dan.

Thanks Don. I was 66 thousand and something in GW1 out of more than 3m. It has, though, been a couple of disappointing weeks. Rooney to some extent as he didn't deliver as a Captain and then going too early with players who I know will set the Premiership alight. So it's patience and to remind myself that few of us anticipated before the season's start that the Villa defence would be watertight. The fact that it was totally obvious in my opinion should bode well for the coming months. Saints will win the big competition of course.

Good to have you back. Post at least semi-regularly and there isn't a problem. :)

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 16th September 2014, 10:23 AM BST

To be honest I think this week was an exception and I was unlucky. He isn't going to play Falcao as a sub again ...

I think you were right originally: Mata drops out and Falcao comes in. Simple as that. Unfortunately you made the change a week too soon. Like you said last season, the game is all about timing.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 16th September 2014, 2:30 AM BST

Well done being top of the new league Don

Yeah, nice to be top but it means nothing this early on. You were top, had 1 bad week, and now find yourself mid-table amongst the thickos.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 16th September 2014, 10:23 AM BST

Very strong week Dan - you're the only player to get a return from your captain every week so far.

Captain's scores - GW1-4

64 - Dan
56 - Shaggy
48 - Don
46 - Gerry
42 - Ben
42 - Kipper
34 - Steve
30 - Splodge
24 - Horseradish
24 - Godot
22 - Stylee

4/4
Dan

3/4
Gerry, Ben, Shaggy, kipper, Don

2/4
Steve, Splodge, Ross

1/4
Godot, Stylee, Horseradish

Thank you -- I had *literally* no idea. The internal battles I have with my football 'knowledge' finally pays off [far too early to make a difference by the end of the season].

Dan

Falcao this weekend. Maybe.