BCG Fantasy Premier League 2014/15 Page 11

Costa was a mug's punt for the start of the season: under-performed in Brazil, carrying an injury from La Liga, no experience of PL and playing for a team that's (normally) low-scoring and defensive.

Rooney and Sturridge were ostensibly better picks.

I was doing pretty well before this gameweek -circa 78,000. Now I'm 315,000+ A staggering fall caused by not having Costa or Fabregas in a week where there were few points to be had and no obvious ones.

Just to add, wasn't calling any of you guys a mug - my post sounds a bit rude re-reading it.

I believe in buying Rooney and Mata I mugged myself off - as the reflexive vernacular has it...

I've got Bojan as a sub, but I don't know if he's worth having. Hasn't done much so far.

I'm getting rid as well
He might be a possibility later in the season but at the moment Hughes doesn't seem to trust him, or he's injured or something.

If I had your team I'd sell:

Bojan, Mata, Shelvey, Lovren, Debouchy and Fabregas.

Liverpool aren't going to start picking up clean sheets - defenders score occasionally, but they get most of their points from clean sheets. Arsenal have also looked pretty shaky defensively.

United are an awful mess. Rooney is in good shape but doesn't like playing with Van Persie and Mata looks aimless and unloved.

Shelvey is a good player but there are better options for the money. Fabregas is also overpriced. Chelsea have had a good start, but Mourinho will start playing defensively and less creatively over the next few weeks. The goal getting of the Everton game is just to bump up the goal difference column which stopped Chelsea winning the league last year. So long as their goal difference is better Chelsea won't play like the Everton game. He hates conceeding.

I'm planning to bring Sterling in. He's in his ascendency at present.

Quite a few new interesting players in the game now.
Makes the next few weeks a bit tricky, too much choice

Bojan to Naismith, eh Steve? He's gone up to 5.4m - everyone's on him. I won't buy now but such as shame I took him out.

Yes
But I'm not sure it was the wisest (apart from financially)
As I'm playing 3 5 2 he'll probably on the bench so maybe I should have gone for a 4.5 attacker.
However there are a couple of new strikers that merit attention so will consider changing to a 3-4-3 depending on who looks like a good fit.

Bad luck to Splodge for not getting Diouf's goal subbed on in the end. I lost 13 points the previous week and we all know about Don.

53 pts on the bench over 3 GWs. :(

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 4th September 2014, 12:24 PM BST

Quite a few new interesting players in the game now.
Makes the next few weeks a bit tricky, too much choice

I'm still trying to work out which of the new players are 'sure things', points wise.

This post-Suarez world feels a little bit unsafe. Unless of course, you're a delicious looking defender.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 4th September 2014, 1:36 PM BST

Bad luck to Splodge for not getting Diouf's goal subbed on in the end. I lost 13 points the previous week and we all know about Don.

Quote: don rushmore @ 4th September 2014, 3:33 PM BST

53 pts on the bench over 3 GWs. :(

You made that up and more towards the end of last season, Don. You probably would have finished second but for Yaya Toure having a funny five minutes against Aston Villa.

I'm doing OK, 156 pts overall, which would put me joint 3rd. I miss the BCG leagues but the organisation is so, so poor. There's a f**k up EVERY season.

An example here from 2010.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/post/645938/

I love you posting on here Don
as it's a quiet thread at the best of times

Just rejoin the league, if you don't carry over previous points then we can do a Godot Wildcardgate & add the difference
As I'm sure you'd tell us if you had more points than anybody anyway

I only say this because someone posting who's not even in the league is exactly the sort of thing that Don Rushmore would have vehemently disapproved of

Back on topic
I'm trying to guess Godots transfers

Well actually I'm just waiting for him to copy me & get Sterling & Costa in