Not Going Out - Series 7 Page 5

Quote: ErinT @ 19th September 2014, 5:53 PM BST

Lee was on Absolute Radio yesterday and said he thinks Not Going Out will start halfway through October so he's guessing October the 17th he said.

Yup, that's when we're expecting it. :)

I'm amazed any of you like this show, I've seen it a couple of times and just thought it dreadful. Which was disappointing because I'm a huge Lee Mack fan. I think his funniness is in his quickness though and not so much in proper planned out stuff.

Nice to hear it's returning soon. Hopefully this series will be a lot better than Series 6, I'd love to see the show go out on a high and even see Tim just pop back for a small appearance.

Quote: ErinT @ 19th September 2014, 5:53 PM BST

Lee was on Absolute Radio yesterday and said he thinks Not Going Out will start halfway through October so he's guessing October the 17th he said.

Wow that's still quite a while away! It feels like I've been waiting forever for this new series to start as I only properly got into the show after watching Series 6 and subsequently I have watched the rest since after buying the DVD boxset. I presume as I've seen others posts they're waiting for the other comedies like Big School to finish first before putting Not Going Out on again. Hope the BBC put out some kind of press release which they seem to do with most shows, hopefully by the next couple of weeks, I was expecting one already. Great to see a solid estimation of a start date, just hope it hurries up now. :)

Quote: Chuckle97 @ 21st September 2014, 7:40 PM BST

Wow that's still quite a while away! It feels like I've been waiting forever for this new series to start as I only properly got into the show after watching Series 6 and subsequently I have watched the rest since after buying the DVD boxset. I presume as I've seen others posts they're waiting for the other comedies like Big School to finish first before putting Not Going Out on again. Hope the BBC put out some kind of press release which they seem to do with most shows, hopefully by the next couple of weeks, I was expecting one already. Great to see a solid estimation of a start date, just hope it hurries up now. :)

I highly doubt it'll start after October because I'm presuming they'd want a gap between the end and the Christmas special. I think it's nine episodes this series and a Christmas special. The exact date should be released soon hopefully assuming it's less than an estimated three weeks away.

Quote: ErinT @ 22nd September 2014, 9:13 PM BST

The exact date should be released soon hopefully assuming it's less than an estimated three weeks away.

Let's hope not, because there are no decent time slots for it before the 17th!

Quote: Mikey88 @ 19th September 2014, 8:52 PM BST

I'm amazed any of you like this show, I've seen it a couple of times and just thought it dreadful. Which was disappointing because I'm a huge Lee Mack fan. I think his funniness is in his quickness though and not so much in proper planned out stuff.

I know what you mean because compared to other sitcoms which are either slick or well produced but I still love it on its own terms.

Quote: Aaron @ 22nd September 2014, 9:22 PM BST

Let's hope not, because there are no decent time slots for it before the 17th!

I got the weeks wrong....oops. Yeah there's about three weeks until the 17th.

I really hope Tim vine can make at least one appearance before the show ends

Quote: Maximusmaxston @ 25th September 2014, 6:27 PM BST

I really hope Tim vine can make at least one appearance before the show ends

No, he isn't stupid he knew after Series 5 that it was going stale so it decided to leave which to be honest, I don't blame him. Despite that though, I do miss him in being in it.

Quote: G180e @ 25th September 2014, 8:46 PM BST

No, he isn't stupid he knew after Series 5 that it was going stale so it decided to leave which to be honest, I don't blame him. Despite that though, I do miss him in being in it.

I know I am making a very controversial point here, but I don't actually think the show has suffered from his loss. As good as his character was in certain episodes (the camping one is notable for a mention) I did find him quite annoying and petty at times so it was nice to see them both on their own at last, although Daisy did have some bad lines and was mildly irritating at times during Series 6. Hopefully this will improve into Series 7 as it sounds like it has and hopefully the show will be recommissioned again because it deserves to me, especially if the show is getting back on its feet again. But Series 7 is a must for me, I'm getting really motivated for it now! Just waiting for it to return... :)

Quote: Chuckle97 @ 26th September 2014, 6:17 PM BST

I know I am making a very controversial point here, but I don't actually think the show has suffered from his loss. As good as his character was in certain episodes (the camping one is notable for a mention) I did find him quite annoying and petty at times so it was nice to see them both on their own at last, although Daisy did have some bad lines and was mildly irritating at times during Series 6. Hopefully this will improve into Series 7 as it sounds like it has and hopefully the show will be recommissioned again because it deserves to me, especially if the show is getting back on its feet again. But Series 7 is a must for me, I'm getting really motivated for it now! Just waiting for it to return... :)

I don't know if it was the lack of Tim Vine or stale writing but to me Series 6 did not hold up well as much as the previous 5.

It's finally been confirmed on Digital Spy. Not Going Out will return as predicted on Friday 17th October for its 10 part eighth series. It also gives a description of the series:

"Lee Mack and Sally Bretton will return as Lee and Lucy in the 10-part series, along with Katy Wix as Daisy and Bobby Ball as Lee's dad.

Hugh Dennis and Abigail Cruttenden join the cast as new neighbours Toby and Anna, who soon struggle to deal with sharing a building with Lee and Lucy.

During the series, Lee and Daisy appear on the quiz show Pointless, while the Christmas season finale will finally reveal if Lucy and Lee will get together."

Link: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a599790/not-going-out-return-date-confirmed-by-bbc-one.html

Sounds like it's going to be promising! Can't wait for it to return now! :D :D

Yup. Episode details here: https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/not_going_out/episodes/7/

Thanks I've seen them. The episodes sound brilliant! Can't wait to watch them now... :)