Not Going Out - Series 7 Page 8

No. I agree that it has got a bit close to its sell-by date.

Past its use-by date. It used to have a charm, now it's riding on the back of unfunny, dreadfully contrived one-liners.

Bring back Tim!

The problem is it's all gags and very little in the way of plot, character development and all the other things that make long-running sitcoms unsustainable. Once the gags start to become tired and predictable, there's very little else to sustain it.

Why, for example, does Lee lust after Lucy when she comes across as a spoilt, bad-tempered and patronising brat? Why does Lucy continue to allow Lee to lodge with her if he doesn't pay any rent? What's the purpose of Daisy still hanging around now Tim has left?

Quote: Basil Rathbon @ 27th October 2014, 3:12 PM GMT

The problem is it's all gags and very little in the way of plot, character development and all the other things that make long-running sitcoms unsustainable. Once the gags start to become tired and predictable, there's very little else to sustain it.

Why, for example, does Lee lust after Lucy when she comes across as a spoilt, bad-tempered and patronising brat? Why does Lucy continue to allow Lee to lodge with her if he doesn't pay any rent? What's the purpose of Daisy still hanging around now Tim has left?

You're so right. Too many holes and simply doesn't hold together - just a vehicle for cracking jokes......of sorts.

OMG, to think there are people on here that actually ask you guys for advice to help them be better! You don't know good when it jumps up and hits you in the face! So what if Lee lusts after a spoilt brat, everyone I know who has ever had unrequited love has lusted after someone everyone else goes "Why her?" about. Daisy was Tim's girlfriend and has clearly become friends with the two of them, again have you never made friends with someone by being introduced to them by someone else like a girlfriend etc?
This show does not need a microscope to examine it, I sat there Friday night cracking up all the way through, it was entertaining and funny, very very funny, it's a show of one liners and silly situations, it's done 7 series and works, stop knocking everything, this is good.

I'm happy that someone likes it........

I like it, too.

I love this show. And with the Daisy situation it's not hard to see that she's become friends with them in her own right.

Quote: Aaron @ 28th October 2014, 1:12 PM GMT

I like it, too.

Don't dislike it as I watch it, but think it has run its course. The last episode was OK, and that's about it for me.

I love Not Going Out because of the characters stand out and every episode is a laugh for me. Another reason I like this is because of the cast, I have always loved Lee Mack. A shame Tim Vine has left though, however I think the series is doing exceptionally well without him in my humble opinion.

Quote: FunyHaHA Not Funy Strange @ 28th October 2014, 11:23 AM GMT

OMG, to think there are people on here that actually ask you guys for advice to help them be better! You don't know good when it jumps up and hits you in the face! So what if Lee lusts after a spoilt brat, everyone I know who has ever had unrequited love has lusted after someone everyone else goes "Why her?" about. Daisy was Tim's girlfriend and has clearly become friends with the two of them, again have you never made friends with someone by being introduced to them by someone else like a girlfriend etc?
This show does not need a microscope to examine it, I sat there Friday night cracking up all the way through, it was entertaining and funny, very very funny, it's a show of one liners and silly situations, it's done 7 series and works, stop knocking everything, this is good.

Exactly!!! ...it is what it is, 30 minutes of gags and daft plotlines. Yes, there's the odd weaker episode here and there, but on the whole, imo, it works brilliantly. I'd be very disappointed if it did finish completely after Series 7. :(

That "Donor" episode was hilarious from start to finish, the best episode I have seen since Tim left the show. It was full of hilarious innuendos and jokes. If only the whole series could keep up this pace. The best episode of Series 7 yet!

Quote: G180e @ 31st October 2014, 10:01 PM GMT

That "Donor" episode was hilarious from start to finish, the best episode I have seen since Tim left the show. It was full of hilarious innuendos and jokes. If only the whole series could keep up this pace. The best episode of Series 7 yet!

I have got to agree. I have enjoyed other episodes but that episode was the best by far.

Great episode tonight.

Loved Lee's line when all the potentially double-meanings came out he said "You're doing this on purpose."