Not Going Out - Series 7 Page 4

Well there is something very unique about this episode which I won't reveal and plus there were a few retakes.

Quote: Luke Frost @ 26th July 2014, 9:43 PM BST

Well there is something very unique about this episode which I won't reveal and plus there were a few retakes.

Only a few? Was there lots of outside filming?

I'll rephrase that - quite a few retakes there was no outside filming, it was filmed all at once straight through

:O

Quote: FunyHaHA Not Funy Strange @ 2nd April 2014, 10:08 PM BST

So many sitcoms think creating a funny situation is enough.

They're right, it is. The clue is in the word 'situation'. NGO isn't a proper sitcom but a vehicle for Mack the Ego, not content with stand-up and panel show exposure, he wants to keep bludgeoning us with his quickfire joke telling on TV until he finally wins some ego sized gong to hang under his stupid smug mug.

His lack of scruples and the clueless new generation of arts management execs
at the Beeb mean the sitcom criteria they have the gall to tell everyone else is paramount is put under the table to please Mr Popular.

Quote: FunyHaHA Not Funy Strange @ 2nd April 2014, 10:08 PM BST

Well it isn't and this show has made me laugh to the point of crying so many times

Then you like stand-up comedy and joke telling in particular, not sitcom. This has been a funny show when I've looked in at it, but it is a very weak sitcom.

I've heard they're in discussion about Series 8. I can't wait! When I went we got out of there about 10:30...so we were there quite a while but worth it with some fab outtakes!

If that's true then that is great news! I can't wait for Series 7 after seeing that recording.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 26th July 2014, 10:36 PM BST

They're right, it is. The clue is in the word 'situation'. NGO isn't a proper sitcom but a vehicle for Mack the Ego, not content with stand-up and panel show exposure, he wants to keep bludgeoning us with his quickfire joke telling on TV until he finally wins some ego sized gong to hang under his stupid smug mug.

Then you like stand-up comedy and joke telling in particular, not sitcom. This has been a funny show when I've looked in at it, but it is a very weak sitcom.

I know all that but I still love it.

I actually liked it better after Tim left, up to a point. I did love the Christmas program and the Boat episode and CANNOT WAIT for the new series!!

For those who say it is just a forum for Lee Mack's comedy, there is a simple solution: Change the channel. If you watched the banal U.S. sitcoms, you would welcome the great British comedies. When BBC America began, it contained the best of British, Irish and Scottish dramas and comedies now it is Americanized and tedious except for the Saturday Sci Fi like Oprhan Black and Doctor Who. So I welcome getting the British Comedies even though I have to wait for them to come out on DVD but I own 3 region Free DVD players just for this reason and buy from U.K. sites and pay the international shipping.

I'd expect it to be on air around September/October time leading to the Christmas special. Having heard the comments from the other recordings, it looks like this will be a cracker of a series, and if the recording I went to turns out to be the last ever recording of NGO, I'm glad I went to watch it.

I'm guessing it'll start October 3rd maybe the week later...

Quote: ErinT @ 13th August 2014, 3:29 PM BST

I'm guessing it'll start October 3rd maybe the week later...

Yes I think it will begin 10th October, the week after Big School finishes. It could possibly double up with the third series of Citizen Khan? I could be totally wrong though.

Quote: G180e @ 13th August 2014, 9:06 PM BST

Yes I think it will begin 10th October, the week after Big School finishes. It could possibly double up with the third series of Citizen Khan? I could be totally wrong though.

That's exactly what I was thinking. And Would I lie to you would probably start a couple of weeks before and then some episodes run with NGO.

Quote: CarlaUS @ 1st August 2014, 5:38 AM BST

For those who say it is just a forum for Lee Mack's comedy, there is a simple solution: Change the channel. If you watched the banal U.S. sitcoms, you would welcome the great British comedies. When BBC America began, it contained the best of British, Irish and Scottish dramas and comedies now it is Americanized and tedious except for the Saturday Sci Fi like Oprhan Black and Doctor Who. So I welcome getting the British Comedies even though I have to wait for them to come out on DVD but I own 3 region Free DVD players just for this reason and buy from U.K. sites and pay the international shipping.

I love Not Going Out, but Lee Mack says it's a very American-style sitcom, so I hope I don't like it just because it's so American. There are few American sitcoms I do like.

Orphan Black is great, but, weirdly, mostly Canadian.

(Carla, being in the US is there a website you like to order Brit DVDs from? I find it hard to boycott Amazon when they have all the good British stuff. I don't know who else is good besides GoFasterStripe, who I keep giving all my money to.)

Jaime Pond
Anglonerd.com

Lee was on Absolute Radio yesterday and said he thinks Not Going Out will start halfway through October so he's guessing October the 17th he said.