Not Going Out - Series 7 Page 7

Quote: Edwin @ 18th October 2014, 2:09 PM BST

I actually dug it. I can understand some people getting tired of it, but I think it's good fun either way and am happy it's back.

I agree. It's a lot better than most sitcoms on television but sometimes people get bored of the same format but he's changing it this year and there's new characters so hopefully it'll be fresher this year.

I thought it was very funny with a lot of laughs and am disappointed this is the last ever series.

Quote: Dave @ 17th October 2014, 11:58 PM BST

When the bumf the Beeb released says 'series finale' at Christmas, do they mean of this series or the last ever episode?

Lee was on Danny Baker's show this morning and said that it could be the end. Says that the format has run its course and the will they/won't they will be resolved one way or another . . . not to say that it can't come back though . . .

Also if you want to hear an hilarious story about Lee's actual experience of being on Celebrity Pointless with Bobby Ball . . . https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/special-event-pointless/id929232668?mt=2&ign-mpt=uo%3D2

Had no idea this was possibly the last season. I guess it's time Lee and Lucy will finally hook up then this season.

Was the lad in the subway Ben out of Eastenders?

Not an actor you would expect to play a hard man part!

Quote: lofthouse @ 18th October 2014, 9:42 PM BST

Not an actor you would expect to play a hard man part!

Maybe by casting a toddler without beard growth they wanted to make Lee look even more pathetic. But I know what you mean. It didn't feel plausible.

Watched my recording now - so so. :(

I agree this episode wasn't the best and I didn't laugh as much as I usually did. I rewatched the Christmas Special yesterday and there are some good laughs and gags in that but not this episode unfortunately. I enjoyed the physical comedy towards the end, the woman slapping her grandson (the 'hard' mugger who nicked Lucy's handbag) played by the actor who used to play Ben Mitchell in EastEnders (in which his character was a nasty piece of work so suited his character here as well). I liked the old woman using insultive words towards her grandson and Lee throwing himself at him after misinterpreting the situation and the old woman ending up beating him with her handbag. I know I'm pathetic of what I laugh at but I enjoyed that part. As like every show I watch when they're away for a long time I have to readjust to the format which took a while but I got back into it eventually.

I'm not going to be pessimistic here and condemn the rest of the episodes because of the poorer quality of the first, it might just be the build-up. Considering the good reviews and feedback on here from some of the other episode recordings I have higher hopes for the other episodes, especially once the new couple are introduced in the upcoming episode, should give Lee someone to bounce his jokes off. I look forward to the rest of the episodes and hope the fast-paced gags and witty lines return in the remaining episodes.

I think it's best to call it a day really. Still funny but the format has been overdone.

That was such a fun episode.

Just watched my recording of the latest - better, with a neat plot and not so many telegraphed jokes, but still looking tired.

I agree, yesterday's episode had more laughs and funny moments than most so-called sitcoms have in their entire series.
Well done to Lee Mack, looks like we're in for some classic moments again.
I'm still laughing now, might watch it again! :-)

I'd love to agree but sadly I can't. I thought the second episode would have been a lot stronger but it wasn't really, the whole plot seemed rather silly and Anna/Toby just got on my nerves. There was some funny one-liners tucked in there though!

Well that what it is and always has been really. A vehicle for lots of gags connected by a loose unbelievable story line.

Not saying I don't like it though.

Quote: Chappers @ 26th October 2014, 10:14 PM GMT

Well that what it is and always has been really. A vehicle for lots of gags connected by a loose unbelievable story line.

Not saying I don't like it though.

Well, yes but the first five series were absolutely fantastic. You can't honestly tell me that these two new episodes so far have been as good as some of the earlier series?