Show Me The Funny Page 4

I've only seen one of these but it worked pretty well as reality TV in my mind. Of course it's contrived but it's reality telly, and at least one of the participants is going to end up elevated to higher comedy echelons. Why not have a gamble with that if you are a rung or two down?

One more thing: we all know the acts are heavily edited to tell a story. Any chance that Kate Copstick has been heavily edited too, to make her the complete villain that these shows need? I have no idea, but I do know that I take everything I see on reality shows with a pinch of salt. It's entertainment, that's all.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ July 22 2011, 12:38 PM BST

Keep an eye out for Tiff Stevenson, she's great.

And Patrick Monaghan is from (near) Middlesbrough. Haven't seen him in years live but I'm sure a lot of his act that I saw was improvised, which will be handy for the series!

Tiff is my tip to win. She looks like a steady pair of hands.

I don't see the point in putting someone like Prince Abdi in this show. He is obviously not ready. It's the typical talent show trick of 'haha, look at him/her. They are terrible, haha'. But someone who was ready could have been given the exposure.

Quote: AngieBaby @ July 31 2011, 11:35 PM BST

You've just described everyone on the BCG:)

Male and female?

Nice line from the copper comedian to the schoolboy.

COPPER
Anyone seen a dead body

LONE SCHOOLBOY
I have.

COPPER
Oh yeah, where?

LONE SCHOOLBOY
It was my aunt, at her funeral.

COPPER
Oh right. That's just her in a big box really isn't it?

CUT TO LONE SCHOOLBOY EMOTIONALLY SCARRED FACE.

:|

That was soooo bad.
I also liked it when that bloke called a schoolgirl a spiteful cow. :D
And when Rudi started talking about ketamine. :S

:D

2.5 years - 300+ gigs (nation wide) - full Edinburgh run - 6 week TV show - do the maths. So how much coppering does the taxpayer funded (on a full time wage all the time) comedy copper actually copper?

Are you the kid he made cry?

I thought Stu was acting a bit of a cock in the task, he wanted to do eveything his way then had the audacity to complain if and when Cole didn't do what he wanted. They only won the task because of Cole's image of being cool, and Stu seemed threatened by this and his masculinity.

KC was horrible again, she certainly seems quite bitter, and was making out the tour and DVD are better prizes than they are. It was good Ross Noble putting her in her place a bit though.

Quote: Vader @ August 2 2011, 12:42 AM BST

Are you the kid he made cry?

I thought Stu was acting a bit of a cock in the task, he wanted to do eveything his way then had the audacity to complain if and when Cole didn't do what he wanted. They only won the task because of Cole's image of being cool, and Stu seemed threatened by this and his masculinity.

KC was horrible again, she certainly seems quite bitter, and was making out the tour and DVD are better prizes than they are. It was good Ross Noble putting her in her place a bit though.

I thought KC seemed a lot more practical rather than the "Crap, get off!" she has done before. Unless you're Les Dawson, you're hardly going to knock your own prizes.

Well, she said to Cole he's shit and he wasn't that bad from what I saw, he just seems to rub some people up the wrong way. And KC was using the prizes as a stick to beat one or more contestants with.

After watching Cole's full set I think he did well this week.

I cringed when watching the main show when he started referring to them as "Kids", but if you watch the full gig, it seems that he was talking about children younger than his audience, which sits rather better then the harshly edited version.

http://www.itv.com/showmethefunny/shows/show3/cole-show3/

See what you think.

But then he did say in the talky bit at the end that he had to dumb it down because they were 12, and seemed utterly shocked when they said one doesn't need to dumb down for kids.

Yeah I certainly laughed a few times throughout the full five minutes.

I thought Pat was brilliant if you watch the full thing, he's a very experienced comic compared to most of the others.

Pat, Dan or Tiff to win. I think they're the clear leaders.

I like Pat, the young bloke who did the vegetable puppets, and the Scottish/Welsh(?) bloke that fell over in the army week.

Welsh. That's Dan.

Stuart is okay. I haven't been able to see one of his full sets yet. I wish they'd show them all on the ITV site.