Show Me The Funny Page 2

Nah she's alright. At least it's not boring when she's being horrible/frank/honest to people!
The right person went, anyway. Although I really don't like the other one's style from what I've seen.

Quote: Monster Scum Bag @ July 25 2011, 9:55 PM BST

Is it me or is Kate Copstick driving anyone else mad with hate?

That woman is horrid! She really doesn't have to be THAT rude.

I say well done to any comic who survives that but I don't think I'll be watching any more, It's meant to be comedy, but I was nearly in tears because she was being so mean.

Kate Copstick is utterly evil. Nothing she says is constructive and is all just harshly personal.

What she was saying to Ellie about her being 'too girly' was just bizarre pointlessly mean.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ July 26 2011, 12:55 AM BST

Kate Copstick is utterly evil. Nothing she says is constructive and is all just harshly personal.

What she was saying to Ellie about her being 'too girly' was just bizarre pointlessly mean.

It's probably about survival on the circuit-same as someone being 'too nice'-stop them being eaten for breakfast.

It's probably nothing personal, you know these reality shows.

EDIT: Why did I say 'survival on the circuit'? I don't talk like that!

Quote: Nat Wicks @ July 26 2011, 12:55 AM BST

Didn't Bob Mortimer say more or less the same thing though? That she's too pretty to be funny?

By an odd quirk of fate I once booked Tiffany Stephenson for an army gig at Catterick barracks, so she'd had some previous experience.

Copstick having a go at Rudi when he did the best on the night seemed a bit unfair, it's funny she seems to think she can just have a go at comedians with impunity. If it was me, I'd definitely be doing jokes at her expense when it had finished, if not before, hopefully quite a few of them will.

Also, Alan having a go at Rudi, a black man, for telling a joke about the black soldiers that went down well with all the black guys. I don't think he had the guts to say it to his face though, as I remember.

Also, does anyone think they'd have done well if they'd entered this?

Quote: Nil Putters @ July 26 2011, 9:20 AM BST

Didn't Bob Mortimer say more or less the same thing though? That she's too pretty to be funny?

Not exactly that!
I think they meant in the business it may be harder for a pretty girl to be taken seriously, or something of that nature.

The two outstanding candidates to go have gone now, I guess Cole might have to up his game a bit, but it'll be interesting to see who's next to drop into the bottom two.

Personally I don't think Ellie's as pretty as the likes of Lucy Porter. I suppose her being so tall and thin is a double edged sword, it makes her stand out more, but she's too thin in my book.

Quote: zooo @ July 26 2011, 12:46 PM BST

Not exactly that!
I think they meant in the business it may be harder for a pretty girl to be taken seriously, or something of that nature.

I took it to mean better looking women have to try harder to be funny, to get past men just eying them up and woman hating them.

Anyone know why the last episode isn't on ITV player?

If you look odd/funny that's half the battle.

Thanks for the encouragement, but doesn't help with internet

Quote: AJGO @ July 26 2011, 1:11 PM BST

Thanks for the encouragement, but doesn't help with internet

Laughing out loud

Quote: Nil Putters @ July 26 2011, 1:09 PM BST

I took it to mean better looking women have to try harder to be funny, to get past men just eying them up and woman hating them.

That's what I'm sayinggg!
I thought you were saying that Bob thought pretty women weren't funny.

I think even when a pretty women is funny, it's not recognised because assume she'll just be pretty.

Charlie's Angel the movies had some lovely comedy going on it.