Show Me The Funny Page 6

Not met Patrick Monaghan, said hello to Tiff briefly once at a show (never spoken to her really) and only ever seen her MC. Also never met Welshman Dan.

Strangely my least favourite thing about Pat is his teessideness. It's an accent I dislike.

They're the three I'd put he money on. Dan is mypersonal favourite though.

Oh no, a woman picked another woman! Quick eveyone, there's prejudice happening!

There sure is! Anyway, it's not just that she's a woman, she seems like the sort of woman you'd identify with - I have felt it.

Pat did well with the water stuff, but his actual material seemed weak, and Tiff seems nowhere near as good as the best female comedians, she seemed more like a teacher or kids TV presenter giving stand up a go for the kids...

Dan's pretty good though. None of them seem that great so far though. I think I watched the full Stu and Ellie gigs from the first show and they were both pretty poor - and they were chosen as the best.

I think Rudi and Dan are probably my faves, and I thought Cole had potential, but none of them have really stood out.

Apparently this has got less than half the viewers its time slot would normally get, so it might meet the same fate as The Marriage Ref and get cancelled. I was hoping to see some people off here on it next time, but between the underwhelming comics and the way it's been put together it's not looking good - the producers can probably be blamed for both. Hopefully they'll give it a worse time slot if anything, and maybe a revamp.

What do you think is copstick's ugliest feature, her Personality or her face?

Her personality is disgusting and ridiculously scary, am opting for her face. I can judge YOU don't you know I appeared in chucklevision. I would love anyone of the participants to question her qualifications for the role, how could she possibly give a viable argument.

All in All I don't think this show does comedy any favours, stick to showing comedians polished, tried and tested routines not the process behind them.

Quote: another40winks @ August 3 2011, 8:15 PM BST

Charming.

Quote: another40winks @ August 3 2011, 8:15 PM BST

Her personality is disgusting and ridiculously scary, am opting for her face. I can judge YOU don't you know I appeared in chucklevision. I would love anyone of the participants to question her qualifications for the role, how could she possibly give a viable argument.

All in All I don't think this show does comedy any favours, stick to showing comedians polished, tried and tested routines not the process behind them.

You're not Cole Parker are you? I'd consider writing for you if you are!

Do you need a writer when you work at vodafone?

Quote: Nat Wicks @ August 2 2011, 4:52 PM BST

It's bloody hard enough to write a new 5 every week, let alone more!

Then why do it? No really, I'd like to know why so many are so keen on doing this now, as there is quite obviously very little money in it, for the vast majority.

It seems it's just the latest silly fad to follow. It must be doing the profession's image no favours at all. This daft reality show will just cheapen it like Pop Idol etc. did for karioke. And will the eventual winner really make it as a top stand up afterwards? I reckon it's much more likely to be the kiss of death to their career.

Quote: Vader @ August 2 2011, 6:08 PM BST

In fairness, I think certainly John Bishop is better than any of those acts,

That's a bit like saying Russ Abbott is better than Jimmy Cricket.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ August 2 2011, 4:52 PM BST

It's bloody hard enough to write a new 5 every week, let alone more!

What is it that makes this so hard? Is it the constraint of having to make it topical or vaguely about modern culture? I'm not being personal or sarcastic btw, I'm genuinely interested in what it is a modern stand up writer aims to write about. Because what little I see of it on TV hardly ever seems to make me laugh. Frankie Boyle does, but he's more of an old style joke teller. Many of the others it seems hardly get round to putting a joke in. Chris Addison and Russell Howard come out with weak jokes that couldn't be unfunnier! I just don't get how they've 'made it'.

I'm another one saying 'get rid of the pointless tasks'.

Rudi is confident, but very smug. At least that is how the editing is showing him.

Dan & Tiff are the ones who I could see being successful 'out there'. Pat has a good track record and is a top performer, but I'm not sure he should be entered on a show like this- given his past experience.

I seem to be in a minority but I'm enjoying this. It's good reality pap.

I'm not watching this because I hate all these greedy fame-hungry twats.

However it seems to be doing what all the rest do. Show all the back-stage stuff - traumas and tears.

I don't think they wanted to show too much of the gags and stuff because it would mean that all their material would be "out there" rather than have it to use on tour.

No, don't get me wrong- I'm really enjoying it. But it could've been so much better.

Quote: Chappers @ August 4 2011, 4:42 PM BST

I don't think they wanted to show too much of the gags and stuff because it would mean that all their material would be "out there" rather than have it to use on tour.

Doubtful! They're more likely to use their old A-Grade material as opposed to the weekly stuff. I doubt any of them will use and of their audience-specific stuff again.

Quote: another40winks @ August 3 2011, 10:15 PM BST

Do you need a writer when you work at vodafone?

Come on Cole, you could have come up with a better make believe job than that.

I thinksthat's a bit harsh, I thought I had a great reception with that gag I really felt it went well.