Show Me The Funny Page 3

Quote: zooo @ July 26 2011, 1:14 PM BST

Laughing out loud

That's what I'm sayinggg!
I thought you were saying that Bob thought pretty women weren't funny.

No

Oh.

Quote: AJGO @ July 26 2011, 1:11 PM BST

Thanks for the encouragement, but doesn't help with internet

:P

I think Sir Bob was pointing out other peoples' prejudices, and Ms Copstick was just plain having those prejudices. I think she proves his point quite well.

Though I feel more like Kate may dislike her for her percieved stereotypical role in the patriarchal society, rather than the a sexual threat which many women in a comedy audience may see her as. That might be bang out, of course, seeing as I really know very little about the woman. It's just a feeling I get. You know, lady feelings.

Actually, looking on the ITV website, it seems to list Alan Davies as the 'Chief Judge' and Kate as just 'Judge'. I wonder why that is, as they both seem to get the same screen time.

Edit: Actually, for the record, my comments about Kate are unfair and certainly unfounded. I shouldn't guess at peoples' views. Leaving them there though. Don't want to be a pesky post-deleter.

I'm laughing at Nat's 'lady feelings' at 1.25 am.

It's total crap to say that becuase someone's sttractive that they can't be funny, and it certainly says more about the person saying it (hint: they be ugly).

Firstly I want to know why Alan Davies is a judge at all, and secondly why this Kate 'talent spotter' is a such a biatch. In the previews for next week we are shown her pointing her fingers at one of the acts telling them 'You are shit'. Simon Cowell manages to give honest feedback, and even he isn't as harsh as her.

Ouch. Is she a critic/comedy reviewer now? I know I've seen her on TV now and again since possibly the '80s/early '90s but I'm not sure what she does now.
Maybe that's always her style (eg very harsh) and she didn't want to water it down just cos she's on TV and talking to their faces.
She would probably make me cry if I was on there.

Bet Prince Abdi won't be doing anymore accents in the future, poor bugger.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ July 27 2011, 1:25 AM BST

I think Sir Bob was pointing out other peoples' prejudices, and Ms Copstick was just plain having those prejudices. I think she proves his point quite well.

Though I feel more like Kate may dislike her for her percieved stereotypical role in the patriarchal society, rather than the a sexual threat which many women in a comedy audience may see her as. That might be bang out, of course, seeing as I really know very little about the woman. It's just a feeling I get. You know, lady feelings.

Actually, looking on the ITV website, it seems to list Alan Davies as the 'Chief Judge' and Kate as just 'Judge'. I wonder why that is, as they both seem to get the same screen time.

Edit: Actually, for the record, my comments about Kate are unfair and certainly unfounded. I shouldn't guess at peoples' views. Leaving them there though. Don't want to be a pesky post-deleter.

You're just worried she'll read this and be extra mean to you if you ever meet. Which she will.

Ha! I wasn't- but I am now!

Quote: Vader @ July 28 2011, 6:34 PM BST

You're just worried she'll read this and be extra mean to you if you ever meet. Which she will.

Do a Liverpool accent on her. She'll like that...

Looking on the website, it looks like the tour is only for 13 days, and isn't just the winner, likewise with the DVD, it'll be Show Me The Funny, not the winner on their own. So I guess the prize isn't so good after all.

Also, check out Kate Copstick's profile on wikipedia, I think it exaplains one or two things.

Blimey!

Quote: Vader @ July 31 2011, 10:58 PM BST

Looking on the website, it looks like the tour is only for 13 days, and isn't just the winner, likewise with the DVD, it'll be Show Me The Funny, not the winner on their own. So I guess the prize isn't so good after all.

Also, check out Kate Copstick's profile on wikipedia, I think it exaplains one or two things.

Does the winner still get £100k? that's quite an impressive cash prize if so.

I had a look at Kate's Wikipedia, and I have to say, not being a big Chuckle Brothers fan, that I don't see anything particularly impressive on her CV. She does seem to do a lot of charity, so she's not totally evil, but I doubt contestants on this show will see her charitable side.

Yeah, they get the 100k, but I thought the main prize was the tour and DVD! Potentially they could earn you millions.

I think KC is a bit bitter, and posibly fancies Ellie.

Oh, and looking at Nat's blog, she looks like a young KC in some of those pics! I wonder if they'll turn out the same...

Quote: Vader @ July 31 2011, 11:32 PM BST

I think KC is a bit bitter, and posibly fancies Ellie.

You've just described everyone on the BCG:)