Show Me The Funny Page 11

I enjoyed the series although they have to show more sets of the previous shows. All this time wasted on tasks was a boring and totally against the name of the show.

I went into this thinking that Tiff was the best. And I think the order they put them in was the order they rated the acts. Unfortunately, it gave an advantage to the later acts. Although, you'd think that there would have been proper warm-up acts for the audience?

Anyway, on the night I thought Tiff had the most consistently funny set, Dan made me laugh the loudest and Pat totally surprised me with a very focused and funny set.

I personally think Dan has the most potential if he can test out his material more. He really goes for the oddball jokes, most are hits but some are miss. And he's the only one who adopts an original persona. Tiff is quite traditional funny while Pat is more visual. All funny.

They all did well in the final, but I think they had better material in the previous rounds.

Kate to Pat: "A few hundred years ago they would've burned you at the stake." Let's not let a few hundred years get in the way of a good idea.

Quote: ContainsNuts @ August 26 2011, 3:10 PM BST

I personally think Dan has the most potential if he can test out his material more. And he's the only one who adopts an original persona.

Er, you haven't heard of Max Boyce then. If you heard their voices on the radio, you'd struggle to tell the difference. And there is no way that is a natural style of delivery, so my assumption is this Dan bloke has ripped him off good and proper. The only thing he hasn't taken is his material.

I was a fan of Tiff before the series started, as I've seen her old character stand-up, and she was amazingly funny. She seems to be trying to move away from that, and all power to her, but she isn't yet on as solid ground as herself. That being said, I think the final result reflected an ITV1 audience, and I placed them on the night with Dan winning, Tiff in 2nd, and Pat 3rd.
I'm not putting Pat down, but his delivery was less confident, and despite some very funny bits, some stuff was very ordinary.
Some of Tiff's material would probably have worked better in her old character than it did as herself.
I thought Dan's set was original, self assured, and (echoing the judges opinions) showed that he had his own comedy voice, despite any comparisons to Max Boyce in his delivery (at least he didn't sing any rugby songs). Some of the best have done the same (Hicks channeled Kinnison).
The series itself was hardly a contest of who was the best comic, so much as who could work within the format, and I wonder how many well known TV faces would do in the same situation. At least it's given some exposure to a bunch of comics who haven't had it before.
The biggest comics in the country aren't necessarily the funniest, at least that's my opinion having seen many who've not had a sniff of TV, so I hope they do another series. My only worry is that the viewing figures would preclude them wanting to offer £100,000 prize money, but I bet plenty of unknown stand-ups would take the chance for £10,000, and all the other benefits.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ August 26 2011, 9:24 AM BST

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the winner on Cbeebies soon. That's where a lot of big name comics end up now, so maybe that's the best he can do out of this. His childish clowny style would be perfect for it.

But if that Tiff gets a proper writer/manager then I see her having a much bigger career, as she has the persona already. Her material is too flimsy at the mo, she needs help to spice it up. It's unavoidable, if she wants to be a success, she'll have to do more stuff about sex.

But I hope she avoids going down the Sarah Millican route of piling on the pounds so she can use up barrells full of female weight and eating jokes. That is very overdone and far too predictable now. Do something different, please!

Personally I could see Tiff on CBeebies, her persona is just like a kids TV presenter.

I thought the order they finished in was spot on, Tiff looked a bit out of her depth I thought, like a frightened little mouse, rooted to the spot. If you compare her to Sarah Millican then she's nowhere near that level. I thought she was lucky to be there, either Ellie or Stu would probably hae been better.

Dan's got a good persona, but his material was a bit weak, and his slow and deliberate style doesn't lend itself to an extended set.

I thought Pat was a bit inhibited and was trying not to get distracted and focus on his material, which was a bit unfair by the judges in a way, you could tell he was having to make a conscious effort to stick to the material because the judges were stupidly making them all jump through hoops to get through.

But his material was by far the best, even if he was being too inhibited to give his best performance, and he was the only one I wanted to see more of. With the other two even 5 minutes felt a bit long, but once Pat's unshackled from pleasing the judges I think he'll be great and easily be able to do a decent hour or more with a combinatin of strong material and his crowd interaction, plus he'll be able to perform at his best now he doesn't have to inhibit his natural style to please the judges.

Pat's material was the best, but his constant 'thank yous' to the audience for laughing at his jokes irritated me to the point where I ended up wanting to shoot him. Tiff was the only one I wanted to see more of based on the final, but even then I wish they'd picked Stu to be there over her...

I think Pat's thank you's were to people in the audience who'd shouted something out, not just for laughing.

I think Dan Mitchell (the Welsh Bloke) was the funniest out of all the three finalists. I have to say I thought Pat Monahan was the worst out of the three.

Why did they have to ruin the show by getting Kate Copstick

Aparently we've booked Alfie Moore to do a gig soon that I'll be MCing. That'll be nice.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ September 2 2011, 1:25 PM BST

Aparently we've booked Alfie Moore to do a gig soon that I'll be MCing. That'll be nice.

Ah, he's a cuddly little so and so. Will you, do you think, give him a cuddle?

I might. I'll judge it on the night. I usually do give people a little cuddle.

I would. I'd give him a little touch.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ September 2 2011, 1:25 PM BST

Gigged with Alfie last weekend, he's got some interesting tales to tell about his experiences on the show.

I'd be interested to hear them!