Things that piss you off Page 1,611

Quote: Lee @ 14th July 2015, 10:56 AM BST

CAM SCREW LOCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My S.O insists on buying flat pack crap and these little buggers are always part of the assembly. Now every time I dare move pass any of our furniture I hear one of these f**ks fall to the floor!!

Yes, I'm shit at putting flat-pack together, but it's no excuse for these to just fall out ALL THE TIME!

Angry

Looks like you didn't screw them hard enough.

No, they broke into pieces when I did that.

The problem with my chest of draws, which I have now somewhat fixed, was to do with the fact that I screwed the screws in too deep and by too deep I mean exactly where it told me to do it but I've since adjusted to just above where it told me to do it and now the cam bolt can "lock" onto the screw a bit better.

Serves me right for following their instructions!

You simply cannot help some people. >_<

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 14th July 2015, 5:50 PM BST

You simply cannot help some people. >_<

Well YOU could actually as you seem to have no problems with the stuff.

Quote: Chappers @ 14th July 2015, 11:11 PM BST

Well YOU could actually as you seem to have no problems with the stuff.

IF YOU had read my other posts and not been selective as usual you would see that I had tried to be helpful, and was just joshing.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 14th July 2015, 2:30 PM BST

When you move house many times, the better half wants new furniture.

Probably wise, since in moving flatpack stuff, it's easy to knock a chunk off.

No wonder it's called chipboard; it's cheap as chips, and it easily chips.

Quote: Nogget @ 15th July 2015, 6:43 AM BST

Probably wise, since in moving flatpack stuff, it's easy to knock a chunk off.

No wonder it's called chipboard; it's cheap as chips, and it easily chips.

Exactly.

Examine the fasteners, while outside of the wood.

Peer into their souls; try latching them together, unencombered by the wood.

Gain a deep deep understanding of how they mate and only then use them for their primal purpose of holding two bits of chipboard at right angles.

Only then will you be a true flat-pack assembler.

Ah - Men.

And if that doesn't work, try the alternative fastening technige, which is more difficult :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jd9Ip16iik

Quote: billwill @ 15th July 2015, 5:36 PM BST

And if that doesn't work, try the alternative fastening technige, which is more difficult :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jd9Ip16iik

OMG! Michele Beschen. Nice job how you got those screws to work. That is like so cool. >_<

Everyday the phone rings: "This is not a marketing call, I'd just like to ask you a few questions for a survey."

FUCK YOU. FUCK OFF. STOP CALLING MY HOUSE EVERY FUCKING DAY YOU TOTAL FUCKING SCUMBAG CUNTS.

Still, it's nice that someone calls.

Quote: DougWonnacott @ 15th July 2015, 10:01 PM BST

Everyday the phone rings: "This is not a marketing call, I'd just like to ask you a few questions for a survey."

FUCK YOU. FUCK OFF. STOP CALLING MY HOUSE EVERY FUCKING DAY YOU TOTAL FUCKING SCUMBAG CUNTS.

Still, it's nice that someone calls.

Gulp! I'll stop calling you ....

Yes, I want to kill them, too. We're registered with TPS but they just ignore that. if I'm on my game I bugger them about but half of it is recorded messages so I don't suppose it registers when I shout 'Bugger off!'down the phone.

Quote: keewik @ 15th July 2015, 10:20 PM BST

Yes, I want to kill them, too. We're registered with TPS but they just ignore that. if I'm on my game I bugger them about but half of it is recorded messages so I don't suppose it registers when I shout 'Bugger off!'down the phone.

The best thing is to say that you'll go and get so and so then put the receiver near the radio. Return about 10 minutes later and hang up - it's great fun.

"You're through to Trading Standards - Lee speaking, how may I help you today?"

My email address? Yes, it's f**k.you@f**kyou.com and my password is f**kyoudoyouthinkivejustfallenofftheChristmastree.