Things that piss you off Page 1,607

Last time there was a big freeze on Muswell Hill, a lorry was stuck blocking the lanes for hours near the top of the hill because the greedy locals had nicked all the grit from the bin.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 6th July 2015, 10:51 AM BST

My next door neighbors.

They are fond of reporting people for the least trivial thing.

A for instance: The council placed a communal 'grit bin' on the street corner - for when it's icy. And someone had the temerity to use some on their driveway. (I didn't know you couldn't) But she had read the instructions and found it was just for the roads (especially the bend)
We all received a letter from the council informing us we have to buy our own grit for our private driveways.

She reported someone else for their bushes protruding onto the pavement area from their garden. They had the 'Town and country planning' people round telling them that they had to prune them or the council would at their cost.

She was always telling me about who she had reported and why but now it seems she has turned her wrath against me.

My dog barked at her (from inside my house - through the window) while she was weeding her drive. I had a visit from the dog warden - well several actually as I was not in (nor was the dog - he goes everywhere with me) for a complaint of incessant noise from him. The warden just dismissed it as she had never seen or heard him on her multiple visits.

She now refuses to take-in parcels for me telling each delivery man that my dog bit her.

My drains collapsed and I had a local contractor find the trouble. They dug a deep hole and repaired them. They advised me to leave the hole unfilled for a week to make sure everything was ok. They would come back and make it all good in about a week. They cordoned it off correctly and left.
She had the public health and the waterboard round saying it was rat infested and a danger to her grandchildren. (they might fall in it while playing)

I won't even go into 'the fence' indecent or the Ivy that overgrew into her back garden.......

Oh my god. I hate her and I don't even know her.
If only you had as much spare time as she obviously does it'd be worth doing the same to her. There must be something you could get her for.

So basically you live next door to Meddlesome Ratbag from Viz.

It's a good job she didn't live there when I grew some marijuana.

And it's not like it sounds. Someone gave me 2 seeds to see if they would grow. They knew I was a keen gardener. It was to settle an argument about all the hydroponics and special lighting and ventilation you are supposed to need for them to grow.

I put them in the greenhouse soil among the cucumbers and tomatoes.

I know why they call it 'weed'. Without any tending or cultivating they quickly grew into big plants and when they started to flower the smell was overpowering.
My wife 'copped' a whiff and asked me if I was growing marijuana. I told her about the discussion but it held no sway....... I was told to get rid of it immediately.
I put it on my garden bonfire BIG mistake.

The whole area stank of weed, really powerful. I think I started to get high just tending the fire (Iv'e never smoked any)
The whole neighborhood was out smelling the air so I doused the fire with water.

I would probably have had an early morning knock from the drug squad had she lived there then.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 6th July 2015, 1:35 PM BST

And it's not like it sounds. Someone gave me 2 seeds to see if they would grow. They knew I was a keen gardener. It was to settle an argument about all the hydroponics and special lighting and ventilation you are supposed to need for them to grow.

I know why they call it 'weed'. Without any tending or cultivating they quickly grew into big plants and when they started to flower the smell was overpowering.
My wife 'copped' a whiff and asked me if I was growing marijuana. I told her about the discussion but it held no sway....... I was told to get rid of it immediately.

The whole area stank of weed, really powerful. I think I started to get high just tending the fire (Iv'e never smoked any)
The whole neighborhood was out smelling the air so I doused the fire with water.

I would probably have had an early morning knock from the drug squad had she lived there then.

No one panic! I've called the police. Sorry Stephen, but the law is the law. You're going down. It's the only way you'll learn.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 6th July 2015, 1:35 PM BST

Ha!
Well, I think we all know what seeds should get accidentally thrown over her fence and into her flower beds, followed by an anonymous tip off several weeks later. ;)

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 6th July 2015, 10:51 AM BST

I won't even go into 'the fence' indecent or the Ivy that overgrew into her back garden.......

You're an indecent handler of stolen goods? No wonder she wants to get rid of you.

The active chemical only grows on either the male or female plant (can't remember which). When it flowers it loses its potency.
The heat lamps n that are to maxise the strength and produce the best crop. Anyone can grow by just chucking in it the ground though.
African birdseed can sometimes contain marijuana seeds. My garden sparrows are well fat :)

Quote: zooo @ 6th July 2015, 1:54 PM BST

Ha!
Well, I think we all know what seeds should get accidentally thrown over her fence and into her flower beds, followed by an anonymous tip off several weeks later. ;)

That is actually a brilliant idea, zoo. Laughing out loud

Quote: Lee @ 6th July 2015, 4:44 PM BST

The active chemical only grows on either the male or female plant (can't remember which). When it flowers it loses its potency.

The flowers (buds) of the female plants are the most potent part and flowering is desired and encouraged.

Hey DaButt why did you steal all those ladies swim suits from your local swimming pool?

Quote: DaButt @ 6th July 2015, 5:50 PM BST

The flowers (buds) of the female plants are the most potent part and flowering is desired and encouraged.

You old romantic you

Quote: sootyj @ 6th July 2015, 5:53 PM BST

Hey DaButt why did you steal all those ladies swim suits from your local swimming pool?

You old romantic you

That reminds me of a sketch in either 'Smack The Pony' or 'Big Train', but I cannot recall which.

Rudeness.
There is NO need. !

Maybe you're right, it's been a while since I looked into it ;)

Maybe you're right, it's been a while since I looked into it ;)

Cyclists - if you're going to go riding at sunrise then put your lights on especially if you're going to wear all dark clothing. That way I could see you coming and not have to jump out of your way..