Things that piss you off Page 1,605

Aren't you supposed to have them before the baby comes? It's just another excuse for getting presents I think.
Not that I know anyone who has had a baby shower, think it's still a rare thing over here. No clue where the shower word comes from. Unless it's to shower someone with presents...

My daughter had one a few months back. (before the baby was born)
When her mother told me she was going to the baby shower I did an unconscious head shake and was called a miserable git.

Baby showers?

I blame global whoring.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 24th June 2015, 9:45 AM BST

It has evolved over the last 1500 years or so, which is long enough thank you.

:S

So the other day, when you were enquiring about a "laptop" with a "webcam" and "skype", you could have done without those words? Or are we stopping at the time of your post? So baby shower should be included or not?

Quote: Lee @ 24th June 2015, 10:55 AM BST

:S

So the other day, when you were enquiring about a "laptop" with a "webcam" and "skype", you could have done without those words? Or are we stopping at the time of your post? So baby shower should be included or not?

Now you are talking about international technical terms as against Americanisations, which we don't need, thank you very much.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 24th June 2015, 11:38 AM BST

Now you are talking about international technical terms as against Americanisations, which we don't need, thank you very much.

It's actually "Americanizations".

Quote: Nogget @ 24th June 2015, 12:21 PM BST

It's actually "Americanizations".

Is it f**k in the UK. Angry

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 23rd June 2015, 10:35 PM BST

Just read in the paper that they are appealing to people not to turn up at hospital A&Es with coughs and colds. Who are these f**king knobs. Angry

Like the woman a few weeks back who was challenged when she parked in a disabled space at the local Tesco and she said it was because she had a bad cold and was not feeling very well. For f**king crying out loud. Moron.

There is an ad on TV where I live encouraging people not go to emergency if it's not needed. One of the scenes features a surgical room where surgeon shouts clear! And another staff member prepares paddles, only for the surgeon to say clear patients nose and it cuts to another staff preparing nasal spray. Another features a man been rushed to theatre only to have a ingrown nail clipped.

Not a great description - the actual ads are very slightly more amusing than described.

Quote: Chappers @ 24th June 2015, 10:00 AM BST

;)

Yes but where exactly does the phrase come from? You don't actually have a shower. It's just a load of stupid women going all gooey over a new little brat.

I expect it is when you shower the baby with gifts.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 23rd June 2015, 10:35 PM BST

Just read in the paper that they are appealing to people not to turn up at hospital A&Es with coughs and colds. Who are these f**king knobs. Angry

Like the woman a few weeks back who was challenged when she parked in a disabled space at the local Tesco and she said it was because she had a bad cold and was not feeling very well. For f**king crying out loud. Moron.

Well if my partner's Doctor had spotted the signs she would probably be here now. It was only after taking her to A & E twice that we found out what was wrong.

F**king useless GPs.

Fat arsed Dave and Sharon in the Money Supermarket advert. What is the point of it? So you MAY safe a few quid on your insurance and then go around saying "F**k you". Crap.

This is better:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GflWkDNFRZ4

"You're so money supermarket!" It doesn't f**king MEAN anything!

It's a corruption of a phrase used in the film Swingers.

Oh :|

Quote: Nogget @ 2nd July 2015, 1:57 PM BST

It's a corruption of a phrase used in the film Swingers.

What phrase?