Things that piss you off Page 1,609

That sounds not unlike all the folk complaining because they were told to come home from Tunisia. They keep narking on about how safe they felt etc. - I'll bet the poor bastards who were shot thought they were perfectly safe until the last minute.

Quote: Loopey @ 13th July 2015, 9:54 AM BST

Whatever happened to flasks and bottles of water? I could think of so many more important things to spend £15 a day on. Or any money on.

Bottles of water? Why would anyone want to pay for bottles of water?

Quote: Chappers @ 13th July 2015, 8:31 PM BST

Umm, that's summat else I have never ever bought.

That Optimist advert. I hate things about eyes!

Being a Glaucoma sufferer, I try not to think about it - speaking of which, I have to go for my bi-annual check tomorrow morning. :(

Quote: Chappers @ 13th July 2015, 8:31 PM BST

Because it costs money to produce the plastic that holds the water and someone somewhere wants to make a profit from the demand of someone wanting something to drink that isn't carbonated or full of sugar.

It just makes good sense.

Quote: Lee @ 13th July 2015, 10:40 PM BST

Because it costs money to produce the plastic that holds the water and someone somewhere wants to make a profit from the demand of someone wanting something to drink that isn't carbonated or full of sugar.

It just makes good sense.

What's wrong with a tap?

It needs to be connected to pipes.

How about beer?

Yes please.

CAM SCREW LOCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My S.O insists on buying flat pack crap and these little buggers are always part of the assembly. Now every time I dare move pass any of our furniture I hear one of these f**ks fall to the floor!!

Yes, I'm shit at putting flat-pack together, but it's no excuse for these to just fall out ALL THE TIME!

Angry

I thought you were blaming our PM for problems on the canals.

Laughing out loud

"Flat pack" is great for many reason; it's relatively cheap, it's easy to transport, and it can initially look great.
The downside is that it's shit. It is common for an SO to ignore that plain fact on the basis of "oo, it's shiny," and because they love shopping. To them, the fact that it will fall apart is a positive, because it's an excuse for another exciting* trip to that trendy Scandinavian store, and hey, you can get great sweets, and little cute things and furry covers for stuff and other shit that will generally make your life pointlessly cluttered.

*translation: interminable

Spot on.