Things that piss you off Page 1,604

Quote: Chappers @ 22nd June 2015, 8:08 PM BST

I bought a new Tablet the other day and I've just tried to turn it on but I can't understand what it's saying because it's get a bloody American accent!

You can probably set it to speak in Chinese if you try, then you have a good excuse for not understanding it.

~~~~~~~~

Spent the afternoon trying to sort out email for a lady on an iPad and iPhone. Reinforced my belief that Apple sometimes make thing so 'simple' it's impossible to understand how to set them up properly. Still don't know why incoming emails were also appearing in 'sent' and with an unexplained orange blob marker.

I can't get it to do anything. That's the problem.

On my laptop now.

That's strange that you can't understand an American accent!

My phone switches between an English voice and an American one on Google Maps occasionally, it's very weird.

Quote: Lee @ 23rd June 2015, 8:22 AM BST

That's strange that you can't understand an American accent!

Not really, he predates the discovery of America.

Quote: Chappers @ 22nd June 2015, 8:08 PM BST

I bought a new Tablet the other day and I've just tried to turn it on but I can't understand what it's saying because it's get a bloody American accent!

Vision of Chapper standing arguing with his new bottle of suppositories.

"It's arse not ass, if you can't pronounce it, I certainly won't be shoving you up it!"

Quote: sootyj @ 23rd June 2015, 8:57 AM BST

Vision of Chapper standing arguing with his new bottle of suppositories.

"It's arse not ass, if you can't pronounce it, I certainly won't be shoving you up it!"

Well I haven't got a donkey to take it.

People who phone in sick because they woke up and coughed once or chipped a nail.

That bloody Robert Peston - the BBC news correspondent.

He is so full of him-bloody-self, thinks he's so smart and is such an arrogant twat.

Did you see when he presented HIGNFY? His delivery was absurd and he thought he was so clever.

Quote: reds @ 23rd June 2015, 9:37 PM BST

People who phone in sick because they woke up and coughed once or chipped a nail.

Just read in the paper that they are appealing to people not to turn up at hospital A&Es with coughs and colds. Who are these f**king knobs. Angry

Like the woman a few weeks back who was challenged when she parked in a disabled space at the local Tesco and she said it was because she had a bad cold and was not feeling very well. For f**king crying out loud. Moron.

Baby Showers!

Where on earth do they get a stupid phrase like that? What exactly does it mean?

The only Baby Shower I know is when you change a nappy just before you needed to.

Quote: Chappers @ 23rd June 2015, 11:21 PM BST

Baby Showers!

Where on earth do they get a stupid phrase like that? What exactly does it mean?

The only Baby Shower I know is when you change a nappy just before you needed to.

Yet another Americanism that has crept in, we follow them like sheep. Baaa!

God forbid our language to evolve.

The only time I'll worry about Americanisms is when people start spelling things like colour without the u.

Yeah, they can swivel 24/7

Quote: Lee @ 24th June 2015, 7:18 AM BST

The only time I'll worry about Americanisms is when people start spelling things like colour without the u.

It has evolved over the last 1500 years or so, which is long enough thank you - so we don't need this bastardisation, and you have slightly contradicted yourself over the concern of the lack of "u" in certain words.

Quote: Lee @ 24th June 2015, 7:18 AM BST

;)

Yes but where exactly does the phrase come from? You don't actually have a shower. It's just a load of stupid women going all gooey over a new little brat.