Things that piss you off Page 1,614

online ticket sites who when you go to the outlet to collect your purchase are informed that the ticket you bought is no longer valid despite it been valid for 12 months and only purchased less than 2 months ago.

Was informed they can organise a valid one but it has to be posted out the next day. That's fine but I wanted to use the day after that and it will take at least 24hours after posting to get to me.

Where the Hell has this irritating habit come from, of calling the ground 'the floor'? I had a mental double-take today when reading a book and had to scan up half a page to check that the character was outside and not indoors because she referred to dropping something on 'the floor'. It's bloody insane. Floors are in buildings and there's a perfectly normal word for the thing we walk on outside, i.e. 'the ground'.

Quote: keewik @ 14th August 2015, 4:49 PM BST

Where the Hell has this irritating habit come from, of calling the ground 'the floor'?

I always thought it was a UK "thing."

So what do you think of our darling little Prince George?

Quote: DaButt @ 14th August 2015, 5:09 PM BST

I always thought it was a UK "thing."

What like in the Fantastic 4? You swine!

Quote: keewik @ 14th August 2015, 4:49 PM BST

Where the Hell has this irritating habit come from, of calling the ground 'the floor'? I had a mental double-take today when reading a book and had to scan up half a page to check that the character was outside and not indoors because she referred to dropping something on 'the floor'. It's bloody insane. Floors are in buildings and there's a perfectly normal word for the thing we walk on outside, i.e. 'the ground'.

I agree 99% of the time. But for some reason 'forest floor' sounds right to me. Forest ground doesn't.

Funny,I love quirky use of language.

What about "hit the deck?"

Quote: Nogget @ 14th August 2015, 6:13 PM BST

Funny,I love quirky use of language.

What about "hit the deck?"

Best shouted at Ant

There's flaws in these floors.

Quote: zooo @ 14th August 2015, 5:20 PM BST

I agree 99% of the time. But for some reason 'forest floor' sounds right to me. Forest ground doesn't.

Oceon Floor, too.

Things that piss you off.....People that come on this site asking for a favour, like a joke for their wedding and don't get past one post. As if they're too important to type "thank you" !

Poncy restaurants that think making the menu undecipherable clever.

Came across a breakfast menu which had the choice of farinaceous cereal.

Turned out to be Weetabix.

That apparently means starchy. Not the first word I would go to to describe Weetabix!

They must have been loosely meaning this:

adjective
consisting or made of flour or meal, as food.
containing or yielding starch, as seeds; starchy.
mealy in appearance or nature.

Quote: Nick Nockerty @ 15th August 2015, 12:29 PM BST

Things that piss you off.....People that come on this site asking for a favour, like a joke for their wedding and don't get past one post. As if they're too important to type "thank you" !

We fall for it every time. Had the same thing with RadioSaltireComedy just over a year ago:-

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/29877/2/

Many replies, not even a kiss my arse thank you very much. Rude bastard.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 15th August 2015, 4:29 PM BST

We fall for it every time. Had the same thing with RadioSaltireComedy just over a year ago:-

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/29877/2/

Many replies, not even a kiss my arse thank you very much. Rude bastard.

Hey Herc, my friend who I genuinely appreciate a lot, it was pointed out to me yesterday by my mother - a lot of faults obviously but a lynchpin of the community quality and also the spiritual medium side runs darkly on that side of the family while my Dad is pure blue eyed very light entertainment, hence I guess the slightly unusual combination - that whereas everyone used to talk about the weather if they couldn't think of anything else to discuss, it is now all about health and illness even on the number 60 bus. It's fascism basically. People need to f**king lighten up more. Dontcha think? I can hardly listen to the radio anymore though Big Bang is still very good.....incidentally I am convinced Jeremy Hardy was trying to contact me last night via a strange routing and on serious issues but I haven't responded to him yet though it's flattering.