Things that piss you off Page 1,615

Quote: A Horseradish @ 15th August 2015, 8:18 PM BST

Hey Herc, my friend who I genuinely appreciate a lot, it was pointed out to me yesterday by my mother - a lot of faults obviously but a lynchpin of the community quality and also the spiritual medium side runs darkly on that side of the family while my Dad is pure blue eyed very light entertainment, hence I guess the slightly unusual combination - that whereas everyone used to talk about the weather if they couldn't think of anything else to discuss, it is now all about health and illness even on the number 60 bus. It's fascism basically. People need to f**king lighten up more. Dontcha think? I can hardly listen to the radio anymore though Big Bang is still very good.....incidentally I am convinced Jeremy Hardy was trying to contact me last night via a strange routing and on serious issues but I haven't responded to him yet though it's flattering.

I think we have a winner for post of the week

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 15th August 2015, 8:23 PM BST

I think we have a winner for post of the week

Thank you very kindly Stephen. I always sensed you were a decent geezer.

Not always right. But decent. Hope you are having a happy Saturday fella. :)

Applying for internal jobs only to be constantly rejected ... Boo hoo.

is your lower intestine a high unemployment area?

Quote: sootyj @ 16th August 2015, 1:12 PM BST

It's literally the 'bowels of the earth'.

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 16th August 2015, 1:09 PM BST

Applying for internal jobs only to be constantly rejected ... Boo hoo.

Quote: sootyj @ 16th August 2015, 1:12 PM BST

I thought they were a strange choice for somewhere to work.

Quote: Chappers @ 16th August 2015, 5:01 PM BST

I thought they were a strange choice for somewhere to work.

I mean an internal move within my specific Department chumps. If I fail to get a job soon they'll remove all of my internal organs, cane them and then return them to my denuded body. Failing that, they'll send me to Darlington or summink.

I think it's probably best if you had your internal organs removed.

Quote: Chappers @ 16th August 2015, 9:25 PM BST

What? Now? Arrgghhh - Sweeney Todd's coming.....

Quote: Chappers @ 16th August 2015, 9:25 PM BST

Does that chat up line ever work?

Quote: sootyj @ 16th August 2015, 9:32 PM BST

Does that chat up line ever work?

It's offally good (apparently).

I bought TalkTalk TV because fibre wasn't available in my area, so I opted for that instead. It's okay, but the annoying thing seems to be the subscription channels are internet based, which means that when we're watching one of them it hogs all the bandwidth!! I don't know if this is a teething problem for my new ISP whilst it beds in or it's just a sucky service?!

I'd go with 'sucky service'.

That is only based on two people I know that are with Talk Talk.

But both have said much the same as you.... and wait until you have to phone customer service.
Wherever it is located in India, the operators have an almost unintelligible accent.

Thanks for making mind up for me. I had been considering getting it.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 24th August 2015, 9:29 AM BST

I'd go with 'sucky service'.

That is only based on two people I know that are with Talk Talk.

But both have said much the same as you.... and wait until you have to phone customer service.
Wherever it is located in India, the operators have an almost unintelligible accent.

I can't complain, they have actually been helpful and seemed to have resolved the issue. I think I was just grateful that they didn't go through the silly "have you tried turning it off and on again" endless loop.

Quote: Chappers @ 24th August 2015, 7:21 PM BST

Thanks for making mind up for me. I had been considering getting it.

The service/product they are offering is good, it's just poorly executed. I wouldn't recommend it if you don't have decent internet speeds and are inpatient with slow set-top-boxes because by god, this thing hangs and lags when trying to switch between channels and menus!

I'm happy with it for now but I don't think I'll be renewing my contract when it comes around.