Things that piss you off Page 1,569

Quote: Nogget @ 14th January 2015, 7:43 AM GMT

Not that I know of.
Or if it was a joke, it went over my head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syH_orZ-MwE

34 seconds in

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 14th January 2015, 10:11 PM GMT

Joke? Unimpressed

Something invented by the Pythons about 30 years after the Goons so you probably missed it.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 15th January 2015, 6:57 PM GMT

DADDY! :)

Yes, that even looks like me! :O

Breast feeding time was great!!

It probably could still be. However, as I am automatically assuming that you were requiring my professional opinion, you may need to take it a bit more steadily at your age during any Rockers versus Urchins events.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 15th January 2015, 7:03 PM GMT

It probably could still be. However, as I am automatically assuming that you were requiring my professional opinion, you may need to take it a bit more steadily at your age during any Rockers versus Urchins events.

Still got me bike chain. Grrrrr. Angry

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 15th January 2015, 7:05 PM GMT

Still got me bike chain. Grrrrr. Angry

That doesn't frighten me.

That silly little dance you all did with it took the killer edge off it. :D

Quote: A Horseradish @ 15th January 2015, 7:06 PM GMT

That doesn't frighten me.

That silly little dance you all did with it took the killer edge off it. :D

Could still give you a nasty gumming.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 15th January 2015, 7:09 PM GMT

Could still give you a nasty gumming.

Whatever.

Suffolk is still for me the paintings of John Constable and the pastoral strings accompanying Nick Drake. :D

(Someone's now going to mention that Drake was from Cambridgeshire. If only life was so literal.)

Oi still go ta work on a Suffolk Punch bor.......... :P

Pissed off with hearing on the news that A& E departments are "failing" to meet their 4 hour targets. The government took £20billion from the NHS, and has closed down so many social services that there's nowhere for patients to go, so a bit of context is needed; these departments are woefully under-resourced, and the failure is all the government's.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 15th January 2015, 7:13 PM GMT

Whatever.

Suffolk is still for me the paintings of John Constable and the pastoral strings accompanying Nick Drake. :D

(Someone's now going to mention that Drake was from Cambridgeshire. If only life was so literal.)

Is this a random post about Suffolk or did I miss something?

Quote: Loopey @ 16th January 2015, 2:15 PM GMT

Is this a random post about Suffolk or did I miss something?

HGT is Suffolk Man. I feel he is happiest in his own tradition. Unfortunately, since the 1950s, the media have got their claws into every nook and cranny. Consequently, like all others of his generation, mine and yours, he was served such a distinctive version of "the teenager" that he interprets his later middle age as being centenarian. Luckily, I have semi-inadvertently steered him into some ridiculous notion that he goes to work on a county horse. The Radish is having none of it. But it is best that he is there in his head than regretting he no longer rocks with the caveman like Tommy Steele. I hope that this has helped to clarify the position.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 16th January 2015, 2:49 PM GMT

HGT is Suffolk Man. I feel he is happiest in his own tradition. Unfortunately, since the 1950s, the media have got their claws into every nook and cranny. Consequently, like all others of his generation, mine and yours, he was served such a distinctive version of "the teenager" that he interprets his later middle age as being centenarian. Luckily, I have semi-inadvertently steered him into some ridiculous notion that he goes to work on a county horse. The Radish is having none of it. But it is best that he is there in his head than regretting he no longer rocks with the caveman like Tommy Steele. I hope that this has helped to clarify the position.

Hmm, I don't know if I am of the same generation or if our versions of 'the teenager' are the same, but I'd suggest he travels by tractor, it would be a bit warmer.

Quote: Loopey @ 16th January 2015, 2:59 PM GMT

Hmm, I don't know if I am of the same generation or if our versions of 'the teenager' are the same, but I'd suggest he travels by tractor, it would be a bit warmer.

:D

Tractors are cool.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 16th January 2015, 3:08 PM GMT

:D

Tractors are cool.

Ass roit buh, yew ken hev fun huzzum backard and forards in em tergether alone.

Quote: Oldrocker @ 16th January 2015, 2:19 PM GMT

That has an odd resonance.

If anyone is thinking of getting rid of their bed for three months and combining it with a serious attempt at stopping smoking, expect the following: a thumping heartbeat on awakening, neck and shoulders felt to be somewhere else in the living room, lurid dreams in which you are ordering yourself to take your hands off my throat, a terrifying sense of imminent death, a total change in the perception of the relationship with your parents, the perception of a ghostly figure standing beside you in the kitchen making life difficult for you and, yes, it's you, a dramatic fall-out with the regular GP and being moved to one considered more suitable, chats with a chemist who, while utterly charming, notes that you are, quote, complex and ultimately the collapse of the food swallowing reflex that only odd trains of word association then miraculously resolve.

Just sayin'. :)