Things that piss you off Page 1,574

I wouldn't buy anything from those very annoying pop-ups for that reason - and they slow the web page down! And I am probably not alone in that - unfortunately that info would not get back to the client who thinks their online advertiser is doing a grand job.

Energy supplier: Please submit your meter readings.

Me: Okay, here you go.

Energy supplier: Oh, those seem to be awfully high, we'll ignore those and wait for you to give us more.

Me: I can't give you a different reading, those numbers are what's on the meter.

ONE WEEK LATER:

Energy supplier: Here is your bill, we had to estimate your reading.

Me: But this reading is a lot higher than the one I tried to submit and you refused.

HEAD EXPLODES.

Quote: Lee @ 30th January 2015, 12:51 PM GMT

Energy supplier: Please submit your meter readings.

Me: Okay, here you go.

Energy supplier: Oh, those seem to be awfully high, we'll ignore those and wait for you to give us more.

Me: I can't give you a different reading, those numbers are what's on the meter.

ONE WEEK LATER:

Energy supplier: Here is your bill, we had to estimate your reading.

Me: But this reading is a lot higher than the one I tried to submit and you refused.

HEAD EXPLODES.

I don't think companies in Australia phone you to ask for your reading. They just come to read your meter and if they can't send you an estimate. I am convinced that my energy company do the latter.

That wasn't an actual conversation. I submit my readings on-line.

Hmm, I don't think you can submit them online here either, But I might look into it.

I asked them for a smart meter, one that reads itself and his heavily promoted by them on their website and in the press. Apparently they aren't rolling them out nationwide yet.

Where can I get one of those "Signalling Exemption Certificates" that clearly some people have, especially taxi drivers it seems. Angry

Oh, and effin cyclists........ah, no silly me, they are totally exempt from any road laws. Sorry, I forgot about that.

Those bastarding O2 adverts featuring that ugly long haired cat that's always going on about how it's now a dog

I hope you get run over by a van or shot by a teenager with an air rifle

Shit off

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 31st January 2015, 11:26 AM GMT

Where can I get one of those "Signalling Exemption Certificates" that clearly some people have, especially taxi drivers it seems. Angry

Oh, and effin cyclists........ah, no silly me, they are totally exempt from any road laws. Sorry, I forgot about that.

Just for the record....HORSES.... I saw one rider come up to some temporary traffic lights. Instead of waiting at the lights as they should, the rider took the horse onto the pavement. The horse emptied its "load" onto said pavement. The animal is not to blame. When will riders clean up after their animals? You have to when your dog does it.......

Bucket and shovel in the boot - for the roses!

What a load of shite! Laughing out loud

'Get ahead of the curve.' What the Hell is that smart-arsed phrase supposed to mean? No doubt it was interesting the first time somebody said it, but plain English would be less irritating.

New one on me - is that Scottish? :D

Not at all. Just heard it from some Wally on the news, but I've heard it plenty of times in the past

Like you say - what the hell does it even mean. :S