Things that piss you off Page 1,570

Quote: A Horseradish @ 16th January 2015, 2:49 PM GMT

HGT is Suffolk Man. I feel he is happiest in his own tradition. Unfortunately, since the 1950s, the media have got their claws into every nook and cranny. Consequently, like all others of his generation, mine and yours, he was served such a distinctive version of "the teenager" that he interprets his later middle age as being centenarian. Luckily, I have semi-inadvertently steered him into some ridiculous notion that he goes to work on a county horse. The Radish is having none of it. But it is best that he is there in his head than regretting he no longer rocks with the caveman like Tommy Steele. I hope that this has helped to clarify the position.

Tommy Steele is even a bit before my time! Cool

Quote: Loopey @ 16th January 2015, 2:59 PM GMT

Hmm, I don't know if I am of the same generation or if our versions of 'the teenager' are the same, but I'd suggest he travels by tractor, it would be a bit warmer.

Oi got ma little grey Fergie, which I roide alla time bor and bor, is she a goer! :P

Are you and Rocker trying to breed?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 16th January 2015, 4:53 PM GMT

Tommy Steele is even a bit before my time! Cool

Oi got ma little grey Fergie, which I roide alla time bor and bor, is she a goer! :P

Oil look owt for yer, yew got a goodun there. That seem loike we bin taken over by Claas hereabouts, a Fergie would make a noice change.

Quote: Loopey @ 16th January 2015, 5:25 PM GMT

Oil look owt for yer, yew got a goodun there. That seem loike we bin taken over by Claas hereabouts, a Fergie would make a noice change.

You and HGT sit on barstools and glare at the door whenever an innocuous stranger walks in.

Am I right or am I right? :S

Quote: A Horseradish @ 16th January 2015, 6:35 PM GMT

You and HGT sit on barstools and glare at the door whenever an innocuous stranger walks in.

Depends how much toime I got left ater I bin leanin on me gate in me turnip field.

You got a gate? You've forgotten your roots

Which is unfortunate for a turnip farmer

And the pianist stops playing . .

Laughing out loud Dead right, very standoffish and hard to get to know if you are Suffolk born and bred, but once they've taken to you, you have a friend for life. :)

Quote: Oldrocker @ 16th January 2015, 10:19 PM GMT

And the pianist stops playing . .

You've been to that place too?

Try the pub in Stoke St Gregory where a Nat King Cole lookalike plays Trouble by Coldplay.

Come to think of it, that's in Somerset and you are in the Midlands.

And it was 2003. :(

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 16th January 2015, 10:22 PM GMT

Laughing out loud Dead right, very standoffish and hard to get to know if you are Suffolk born and bred, but once they've taken to you, you have a friend for life. :)

Never doubted it, even for a moment. :)

That bloody Cruise advert with Rob Brydon.

Of course he'll love it - he didn't have to pay for it!

I keep hearing a radio ad where a posh-voiced woman says 'Now it's time to go cruising with Fred.' Turns out it's ship type cruising with Fred Olsen

Fred Olson? Fred Pontin? What is it about Freds that they don't want to go home?

Getting a letter in post informing me unit is to be valued next day (meaning people entering property). Legally they only have to give 24 hours notice but still think its rude.

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 19th January 2015, 9:11 AM GMT

Fred Olson? Fred Pontin? What is it about Freds that they don't want to go home?

Fred West!

Who put in your patio?

Quote: Will Cam @ 22nd January 2015, 11:17 AM GMT

Fred West!

When did you last see your wife?