Things that piss you off Page 1,565

Stupid tossers . .

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-30574400

These furniture ads . .

'Buy now for £699, after sale price £1398'

So, let's get this right. You make x profit at £699 and x+£699 profit after the sale?

WTF?

I feel an email coming on . . watch this space.

I've never understood how they are allowed to get away with such lies - the "sale" price is a regular price anyway. Sale? Load of shit.

Typos in newspapers piss me off but even worse I was watching the news yesterday about the Air Asia plane. They had a big visual in the background and it said "FALIURE".

These are all connected:

Covers of songs where there just do it slower with a piano or violin accompaniment, then it gets used in an advert.

All Christmas adverts on TV, particularly when they try to be poignant in some way while still cynically trying to get you to just buy stuff.

People who have a favourite advert or discuss them like they are TV programs. No one should have a favourite advert.

Quote: DougWonnacott @ 29th December 2014, 10:01 PM GMT

People who have a favourite advert or discuss them like they are TV programs. No one should have a favourite advert.

Cannot agree with you there. There have been some masterpieces of comedy, sadly no more.

People who complain about a situation even after you have explained to them the reason for it.

People who park on the "wrong side" of the road at night with their full headlights on...........and usually on a slight slope to dazzle you even more.

People who whine about others using Parent & Child parking spaces (I don't by the way). Why can't they give the child some exercise by making it walk and also use the opportunity to teach it to be safe near traffic? What do they think the poor souls do who don't have cars to transport their sprogs? Our local newspaper is full of complaints about this on the letters page. So far I've managed to refrain from writing a sharp letter telling them they're lazy spoiled sods. And by what standards are these folk deemed to have greater need than the disabled, whose car parking is always further from the shop?

How old does the child have to be to qualify, anyway? Is it just for people using prams?

Speaking as a mother of a disabled child who no longer drives (me, not my son!) I do understand that parent and child parking spaces are pretty darn essential for getting a stage 1 car seat in and out of a vehicle as they are much wider. As for older children using static size 2 car seats, probably not, but my son has ADHD and ASD so being close to the store's a bonus if he decides to make a bolt for it.

Please don't get me stated on parents who insist on driving their little darlings to school though and park on corners so us walking mothers cannot see hazards. They then use the same vehicle to drive to the gymnasium.

Yours sincerely

Disgusted of Suburbia

People who tailgate me.
It's no wonder there is so much road-rage.

The driver behind is right up my arse and should anything happen that causes me to brake he/she is in to the back of me.

A ton plus vehicle going at 30/40 mph has a lot of inertia.

They're alright, they have a crumple zone to protect them from a frontal collision - me, I get it in the neck.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 2nd January 2015, 4:10 PM GMT

People who tailgate me.
It's no wonder there is so much road-rage.

The driver behind is right up my arse..........

Were you texting this live? Laughing out loud

Quote: keewik @ 2nd January 2015, 2:51 PM GMT

People who whine about others using Parent & Child parking spaces (I don't by the way). Why can't they give the child some exercise by making it walk and also use the opportunity to teach it to be safe near traffic? What do they think the poor souls do who don't have cars to transport their sprogs? Our local newspaper is full of complaints about this on the letters page. So far I've managed to refrain from writing a sharp letter telling them they're lazy spoiled sods. And by what standards are these folk deemed to have greater need than the disabled, whose car parking is always further from the shop?

Shouldn't they be reserved for older people rather than those with a bloody great tribe in their people carrier? No - I don't mean me!

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 2nd January 2015, 3:26 PM GMT

Speaking as a mother of a disabled child who no longer drives (me, not my son!) I do understand that parent and child parking spaces are pretty darn essential for getting a stage 1 car seat in and out of a vehicle as they are much wider. As for older children using static size 2 car seats, probably not, but my son has ADHD and ASD so being close to the store's a bonus if he decides to make a bolt for it.

Please don't get me stated on parents who insist on driving their little darlings to school though and park on corners so us walking mothers cannot see hazards. They then use the same vehicle to drive to the gymnasium.

Yours sincerely

Disgusted of Suburbia

But that's the point. These spoiled numpties are getting priority over disabled (young or old makes no difference).