Things that piss you off Page 1,561

Sick

Quote: billwill @ 9th December 2014, 6:28 PM GMT

TTPYO: Waiting for a delivery.... Totally screws up my day ... and when it doesn't arrive ... screws tomorrow and tomorrow and tommorow......

arrrgh!!!

My wait is over... it finally arrived... despite the 'tracking code' website blithely indicating that it had not even been picked up from the warehouse ???

So it still is a TTPMO

Hello sports fans. TTPYO. Going on an 11 week language course and finding that you're just as shit at languages now as when you were in school. Still I was paid to do it so not all bad.

Can't quite make out what your new avatar is Bill..................

Father Christmas who has dashed from his job on Sainsbury's meat counter, forgetting to take his hat off, to his evening job of bingo caller?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 11th December 2014, 8:14 PM GMT

I'll tell you what it is...disturbing!

Quote: roscoff @ 11th December 2014, 8:13 PM GMT

Hello sports fans. TTPYO. Going on an 11 week language course and finding that you're just as shit at languages now as when you were in school. Still I was paid to do it so not all bad.

What language?

Quote: roscoff @ 11th December 2014, 8:13 PM GMT

What language?

I suspect a lot of people won't agree with me here but I loathe the misuse of the word 'cook'. It's a noun or a verb, not a f**king adjective. So we don't have 'cook book' - it's 'cookery book'. We don't have 'cook ware', we have 'cookery ware'. Why the Hell is the word 'cookery' being abandoned?

Father Christmas who has dashed from his job on Sainsbury's meat counter, forgetting to take his hat off, to his evening job of bingo caller?

It's Bill's annual Christmas avatar. Stay strong, it will be gone soon.

It's me, myself, in what I wore to a 1920s theme party last Saturday.

Quote: keewik @ 11th December 2014, 8:47 PM GMT

I suspect a lot of people won't agree with me here but I loathe the misuse of the word 'cook'. It's a noun or a verb, not a f**king adjective. So we don't have 'cook book' - it's 'cookery book'. We don't have 'cook ware', we have 'cookery ware'. Why the Hell is the word 'cookery' being abandoned?

"Cookery book" has twice as many syllables, and doesn't rhyme, so it's no wonder people choose not to use it. The aim of language is to communicate, and the 'rules' are there to facilitate that, so I would argue that pedantically applying a rule which does not communicate more effectively is missing the point.

I understand the point you make BUT take that to its conclusion and you end up with text-speak.

I understand the point you make BUT take that to its conclusion and you end up with text-speak.

Quote: keewik @ 11th December 2014, 8:47 PM GMT

What language?

Welsh

Keith Duffy

Quote: roscoff @ 12th December 2014, 11:43 PM GMT

Welsh

I thought you were already a fluent speaker.

I hate it when someone says "I was stood" or "I was sat."

What's wrong with "I stood" or "I was standing? "

"I was like........."