Things that piss you off Page 1,557

The idealism in "Escape To The Country". 30 something couples have no right to be millionaires if they are living in a fantasy world. Someone needs to tell them that the houses they are considering are full of dust and infestations. The noise from local traffic is unbearable on a Saturday night and there will be fracking pads at the end of every driveway in a year. To be blunt, nowhere is worth moving to anymore. Get real.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 5th November 2014, 9:55 PM GMT

The idealism in "Escape To The Country". 30 something couples have no right to be millionaires if they are living in a fantasy world. Someone needs to tell them that the houses they are considering are full of dust and infestations. The noise from local traffic is unbearable on a Saturday night and there will be fracking pads at the end of every driveway in a year. To be blunt, nowhere is worth moving to anymore. Get real.

I've nearly posted about this programme before.

'So, you've a budget of £850,000 and require extensive views over the Somerset countryside, five bedrooms and an Aga?'

FUCK OFF !

It's the twats who watch it are to blame or it would never get another series.

Quote: Oldrocker @ 5th November 2014, 10:00 PM GMT

'So, you've a budget of £850,000 and require extensive views over the Somerset countryside, five bedrooms and an Aga?'

FUCK OFF !

:D

Tonight's featured a young version of Coronation Street's Roy Cropper and a woman who bore an uncanny resemblance to a 30 year old Bob Geldof. I don't know what is worse. That - or the programmes featuring (i) people who build their own houses from straw bales while holding down full time jobs as paramedics and (ii) those who undertake interior design projects knowing how to take out the fireplaces, transform all the floor boarding, build desks, make lampshades, sew their own cushions and naturally colour coordinate it all at 23.

Quote: Chappers @ 5th November 2014, 10:06 PM GMT

It's the twats who watch it are to blame or it would never get another series.

:D :D :D

Strangely enough the word 'offer'. At least in its latest incarnation as in 'improve the retail offer' etc.

It happened twice within a couple of minutes tonight on a news item on Midlands news..

Talk properly FFS! Just because nobody is saying 'elephant in the room' anymore because they would be laughed at it doesn't mean you have to move onto the latest piece of corporate speakshit.

Think for yourselves for once!

Quote: A Horseradish @ 5th November 2014, 9:55 PM GMT

Never watch it - crap.

Quote: Oldrocker @ 5th November 2014, 10:00 PM GMT

FUCK OFF !

Laughing out loud

F**king broadband speed out here in the sticks.
Jesus!
Talk about a two-speed economy.
Pirate

Not up here lad (and I think where I live counts as the sticks) 120MB and soon to be increased by Virgin)

A funny one that irks me is; while being at a football match, the announcer at some point will say the size of the crowd.
And everyone claps!
What are they clapping?

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 11th November 2014, 11:48 AM GMT

Not up here lad (and I think where I live counts as the sticks) 120MB and soon to be increased by Virgin)

1.8 on a good day!
They've got high-speed cable in the town, but out here at the wrong end of the phone-line were bolloxed.

Overuse of shaky 'hand held' style camerawork. I found the few minutes of the opening of Hunger Games I watched yesterday extremely annoying, and rather dated.

Jennifer Lawrence's stoney dead face does not emote enough tension, the camera shakes are there to add life and animation to the scene.

Saying that, I think she is quite a talented actress and I look forward to watching the new Hunger Games when I go see it next week :$

Aw, I love Jennifer Lawrence.
Always falling over in public. She's like a young, glamorous Miranda.

Well something that's annoyed me recently is people who wear massive badges and have big balloons to make everyone around them aware its their birthday (when they;re not a kid).

Also, Daniel (the apprentice)

Quote: zooo @ 12th November 2014, 7:14 PM GMT

Aw, I love Jennifer Lawrence.
Always falling over in public. She's like a young, glamorous Miranda.

Wardrobe malfunction, Wardrobe malfunction.

See Daily Mail website for all the pictures !

Read all about it !