Things that piss you off Page 1,562

Quote: Chappers @ 14th December 2014, 9:42 PM GMT

I hate it when someone says "I was stood" or "I was sat."

What's wrong with "I stood" or "I was standing? "

Isn't that old original English, though?

TTPYO:

Mulled wine.
Do f**k off.

Quote: Chappers @ 14th December 2014, 9:42 PM GMT

I hate it when someone says "I was stood" or "I was sat."

What's wrong with "I stood" or "I was standing? "

Me too Chappers, along with "I have then gone" Angry

The Americanism (which as usual is catching on here)
I dirtied my coat so I am going to bring it to the cleaners

You are going to take it to the cleaners!!! When it's been cleaned - then you will bring it home.

Yes. I couldn't agree more with all of this.

Forget Christmas spirit. Today I wanted to kill. Tesco. I head for the newspapers. Can't get near the one I want as a woman is leafing her way through the top one - every bloody page (naturally she doesn't buy it). I turn to the stand where our local paper is but can't get near it as her son is thumbing through a paper and has his basket plonked beside him on the ground blocking my way.

Finally get the papers and progress to the cards to pick some for my special people. Can't get near the bloody things because on one side there's a worker with a metal trolley and the rest of the space is blocked by a (school age) child dressed as a f**king fairy, sitting on the floor, legs splayed everywhere (prayed that somebody had just walked over that spot with dog-shit-encrusted shoes); father sees her but doesn't give damn.

Finally progress to the potatoes. As I examine the bags I want to find the best, an assistant arrives at my elbow and practically jostles me out of the way so she can f**k about with a streamer above another type of potato.

I've moaned about this before but what is it with Tesco assistants that they think the customer comes second to them parading about with trolleys and electronic gadgets doing something mysterious to their products? I've been in Tescos from Exeter to Dingwall and it's always the same.

Then there was the nutter who plonked herself in an aisle with her troller splayed right across the rest of the space. Are these people blind to other beings?

Grrrrrrr! Rant over.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 14th December 2014, 9:45 PM GMT

"I was like........."

I have started doing this a lot more often or just saying Like. It annoys me when I hear other people speak in that way so I have no idea why I do it. When I become aware I am saying it I usually have to stop speaking for a few seconds and concentrate really hard on not saying when I start again.

I went off Tesco's a long while back. They were having a Christmas promotion on beer which seemed very reasonable.
As I was having a Christmas house party I went there and bought loads of boxes of different beers.
Only to find when I opened them on the day that they were all small bottles - I felt a right cheapskate...

Quote: billwill @ 14th December 2014, 9:48 PM GMT

Isn't that old original English, though?

Well you tell me!

Quote: keewik @ 17th December 2014, 10:44 PM GMT

Forget Christmas spirit. Today I wanted to kill. Tesco. I head for the newspapers. Can't get near the one I want as a woman is leafing her way through the top one - every bloody page (naturally she doesn't buy it). I turn to the stand where our local paper is but can't get near it as her son is thumbing through a paper and has his basket plonked beside him on the ground blocking my way.

Finally get the papers and progress to the cards to pick some for my special people. Can't get near the bloody things because on one side there's a worker with a metal trolley and the rest of the space is blocked by a (school age) child dressed as a f**king fairy, sitting on the floor, legs splayed everywhere (prayed that somebody had just walked over that spot with dog-shit-encrusted shoes); father sees her but doesn't give damn.

Finally progress to the potatoes. As I examine the bags I want to find the best, an assistant arrives at my elbow and practically jostles me out of the way so she can f**k about with a streamer above another type of potato.

I've moaned about this before but what is it with Tesco assistants that they think the customer comes second to them parading about with trolleys and electronic gadgets doing something mysterious to their products? I've been in Tescos from Exeter to Dingwall and it's always the same.

Then there was the nutter who plonked herself in an aisle with her troller splayed right across the rest of the space. Are these people blind to other beings?

Grrrrrrr! Rant over.

We English tend to say "Excuse me!"

Quote: Chappers @ 18th December 2014, 10:54 PM GMT

Well you tell me!

We English tend to say "Excuse me!"

I had to - again and again and again. But it would have been nice if they'd been courteous enough to be aware of other people (i.e. me)

Quote: keewik @ 18th December 2014, 11:39 PM GMT

I had to - again and again and again. But it would have been nice if they'd been courteous enough to be aware of other people (i.e. me)

Maybe they didn't understand the "F**k off oota the wae yae Sassenachs!"

By the look of them, those words would have been too polite.

A while ago I saw a book that will make a great Christmas present for a friend. Was a bit excited as I am fairly sure it is perfect for them and I am usually rubbish at giving gifts. Wasn't able to purchase it at the time. Have attempted to do Christmas shopping last night and today and no one has the book in stock. Turns out it is popular. I didn't even know it was a "thing".

Now I'm intrigued...

My garden is pissing me off, just tried tidying it up as I've filled it with crap the past few months whilst doing my house up but it still looks a mess (the garden that is!)