Things that piss you off Page 1,554

Quote: A Horseradish @ 31st October 2014, 11:31 PM GMT

Audiences who clap and cheer an announcement about money in quizzes as if £30,000 or whatever is a Hollywood film star. You half expect the cash to walk on to the stage and wave. It really is ridiculous.

Although I'm a Pointless fan, it does annoy me when this happens.

No response when the jackpot is £1,000 but whoops of joy when it reaches £2,000.

Frankly £1000 is a waste of everybody's bloody time.

(How the hell do you spell everybody's, that can't be right?)

Quote: Oldrocker @ 31st October 2014, 11:56 PM GMT

Although I'm a Pointless fan, it does annoy me when this happens.

No response when the jackpot is £1,000 but whoops of joy when it reaches £2,000.

Yers.....that is noticeable.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 31st October 2014, 11:31 PM GMT

...is a Hollywood film star. You half expect the cash to walk on to the stage and wave.

Why not? It could do so, hand in hand with Alan Davies' buzzer noise. The new Brangelina.

Quote: zooo @ 1st November 2014, 12:38 AM GMT

Frankly £1000 is a waste of everybody's bloody time.

(How the hell do you spell everybody's, that can't be right?)

Looks OK to me. :)

When people take the lower offer on The Chase. Anyone watch it the other day where some young guy took minus 3 grand and the other guy who got through looked right annoyed.I would be annoyed too though.

They should get him to pay ITV 3 grand. Angry

Zooo, what about Bullseye with the speedboat or Gen Game with its canteen of cutlery?

Giving money away is relatively recent thing. It's those stupid phone-ins which make people expect it for everything. And the actual prize in Pointless is really the trophy-because that's what they show people.

Quote: Gazzo @ 1st November 2014, 10:45 PM GMT

When people take the lower offer on The Chase. Anyone watch it the other day where some young guy took minus 3 grand and the other guy who got through looked right annoyed.I would be annoyed too though.

More than annoyed, he was spitting nails - called him a maggot. Laughing out loud

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 1st November 2014, 10:59 PM GMT

They should get him to pay ITV 3 grand. Angry

Zooo, what about Bullseye with the speedboat or Gen Game with its canteen of cutlery?

Giving money away is relatively recent thing. It's those stupid phone-ins which make people expect it for everything. And the actual prize in Pointless is really the trophy-because that's what they show people.

Umm, I often wondered - just how big is that trophy, 'cos I've never seen anyone holding one.

I have got the pointless game on my phone.Quiet good actually.

Quote: Gazzo @ 1st November 2014, 11:14 PM GMT

I have got the pointless game on my phone.Quiet good actually.

Well turn the volume up then.

I agree, it is more about the trophy with Pointless.

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 1st November 2014, 10:59 PM GMT

Lol, yes. The Blankety Blank repeats have the most amazingly useless prizes. Somehow still more exciting than a small(ish) sum of money though.

BBC shows always have little money as prizes and I think TV Licence payers would be up in arms if it was otherwise.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 1st November 2014, 11:07 PM GMT

Umm, I often wondered - just how big is that trophy, 'cos I've never seen anyone holding one.

It is 12cm high, 5.5 cm wide and 5.5cm deep. It is made of glass and not perspex and apparently if you move it in the light, the centre Pointless bit, does actually appear to count down.

Quote: Oldrocker @ 2nd November 2014, 12:47 AM GMT

It is 12cm high, 5.5 cm wide and 5.5cm deep. It is made of glass and not perspex and apparently if you move it in the light, the centre Pointless bit, does actually appear to count down.

This whole time I've assumed they were about a foot and a half high.
What a numpty.

Quote: Oldrocker @ 2nd November 2014, 12:47 AM GMT

It is made of glass and not perspex and apparently if you move it in the light, the centre Pointless bit, does actually appear to Countdown.

Haven't they got their own trophy?