Things that piss you off Page 1,524

In much the same vein: the tossers who flood twitter and FB with a 'save the African elephants' or save the whale campaign.
Sign this petition NOW to stop ivory hunters.

Meanwhile on the African plains as a poacher is steadying his rifle, his allie says 'Oh no, in England there is a petition signed by 30.000 people saying we shouldn't be doing this.
BANG!

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 1st August 2014, 4:45 PM BST

In much the same vein: the tossers who flood twitter and FB with a 'save the African elephants' or save the whale campaign.
Sign this petition NOW to stop ivory hunters.

Meanwhile on the African plains as a poacher is steadying his rifle, his allie says 'Oh no, in England there is a petition signed by 30.000 people saying we shouldn't be doing this.
BANG!

Sad to say, probably the only thing that will stop the poachers is for the wardens to catch the Elephants while young (and then from time to time if necessary) and clinically remove their tusks, so that there is no profit to the poachers.

That technique won't save the Tigers though.

What happened to Prince William burning all the ivory from the crown jewels to make it "not cool"?

Quote: Lee @ 1st August 2014, 6:59 PM BST

What happened to Prince William burning all the ivory from the crown jewels to make it "not cool"?

Somebody told him to stop being such a glaikit bastard.

Squash.

Makes cricket seem blindingly obvious.

"After the serve, the players take turns hitting the ball against the front wall, above the tin and below the out line. The ball may strike the side or back walls at any time, as long as it hits below the out line. It must not hit the floor after hitting the racquet and before hitting the front wall. A ball landing on either the out line or the line along the top of the tin is considered to be out. After the ball hits the front wall, it is allowed to bounce once on the floor (and any number of times against the side or back walls) before a player must return it. Players may move anywhere around the court but accidental or deliberate obstruction of the other player's movements is forbidden. Players typically return to the centre of the court after making a shot."

Snooker Cues.......I waited 3 hours to get into my local club last week

Getting out was even harder though as my car was blocked by 4 red ones

Soup...aye soup

Have chefs or people forgotten the recipe for this simple but delicious food.

My wife bought some FRESH tomato and basil soup from marks and spencer this weekend. (from there it should be good)
It was whizzed up TINNED tomatoes basil and olive oil - with big lumps of tinned tomatoes still in it. (disgusting)

Even worse, in restaurants chefs seem to think all the ingredients should be put into a blender and made into a thick tasteless mush finished with a blob of cream. That's not soup - it's baby food.

Not only that, I asked why there was never chicken or oxtail soup on the menu anymore and was told it was to be fair to vegetarians. This is at a restaurant that does the best Sunday lunch ever and the main item is roast beef.

When people preface doing some type of activity with "Just for a laugh" because they're embarrassed of what they're doing.

Tablets that take ages to load, and just as you touch a link, suddenly load in a way that shifts the link to somewhere else on the page, so that your finger touches something else you didn't want to load.

Quote: Nogget @ 5th August 2014, 9:46 AM BST

Tablets that take ages to load, and just as you touch a link, suddenly load in a way that shifts the link to somewhere else on the page, so that your finger touches something else you didn't want to load.

...usually an ad.

Is that what you told the Judge?

Oh, man, that is DAMN annoying. Always happens on my mobile.

People agreeing with other peoples posts saying 'Here, here.'

(Not here though amongst us literary Herberts.)

Quote: Oldrocker @ 6th August 2014, 6:38 PM BST

People agreeing with other peoples posts saying 'Here, here.'

(Not here though amongst us literary Herberts.)

There there.

People who seem to think that the only reason air conditioning in a car won't work is due to it needing a top up with refrigerant. The compressor which is basically the heart of the air con system seized on my car a few years back and costs about £500 to repair. Anyway, EVERYONE keeps telling me "It just needs topping up with refrigerant" - NO! IT BLOODY DOESN'T! THERE'S NOT A LEAK ON THE DAMN THING!".