Things that piss you off Page 1,520

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 19th July 2014, 2:24 PM BST

The term 'no brainer' - what does it mean?

Does it mean you don't have to think very hard about it?
Or - it's very obvious
or - you don't need a brain to do it

Either way it's another of those shortened stupid sentences or words like 24/7 that people think it's clever to say.

I must admit, every time I hear somebody use that phrase, I want to club them, preferably with a sharp pickaxe.

The term 'rocked up'

As in

'So I rocked up in this new shirt I got recently and...'

Shadddaap ya prick

'Can I get' instead of 'Can I have.'

(pleases omitted for sake of brevity)

Quote: lofthouse @ 19th July 2014, 12:13 PM BST

Bloody ants in my bathroom ...

Oh quick question ?

WHO GAVE THE LITTLE FUCKERS WINGS??

must have missed that meeting

Years and years ago in South London we were plagued by Pharoah Ants which burrow through brick work and eventually we had to be moved out because of them.

I'll always remember one very warm day though after having a shower I took a towel out of the bathroom and wrapped it around myself - only to find hundreds of the bastards crawling all over me.

EWWWWWW

EWW!

.....EEEWWWWWWWWWWW!!!???

Eww

Quote: Oldrocker @ 19th July 2014, 11:23 PM BST

'Can I get' instead of 'Can I have.'

Yeah, that is annoying, don't know why it should be though, just is, you cretins!

Quote: Chappers @ 20th July 2014, 1:35 PM BST

I'll always remember one very warm day though after having a shower I took a towel out of the bathroom and wrapped it around myself - only to find hundreds of the bastards crawling all over me.

Sounds like a scene out of a horror film, or one of Dali's shorts.

Quote: George Kaplan @ 20th July 2014, 8:16 PM BST

or one of Dali's shorts.

He had ants in his pants?

:D

Bloody adverts at the start of a DVD.

It's not like we have to watch them - we've paid for the bloody DVD.

Do you mean trailers for other films? I quite enjoy those and miss that from VHS days.

Quote: Lee @ 23rd July 2014, 8:45 PM BST

Do you mean trailers for other films? I quite enjoy those and miss that from VHS days.

I too like a trailer. But only teaser trailers that don't reveal too much.

Oh, there are some that reveal the whole plot and show all the best bits. It's a really bad idea to watch trailers on YouTube when deciding what film to watch.

There was 10 minutes of trailers and then an advert for Galaxy I think it was. Quite appropriate really I suppose but if people are that keen why can't they have them at the end?

If you press stop during the trailers and then play again, it normally starts at the DVDs main menu. Maybe.