Things that piss you off Page 1,525

As I understand it (and my mate can testify to his cost) it should be turned on every now and then or it packs up.

I don't know about that. It's a refrigeration system, so can in theory be left on all the time - hospitals, restaurants etc have fridges left on 24/7 and have no problems.

My issue was most probably down to age. The car was 11 years old, so not a surprise that it suddenly went. It's a real bugger in weather like this though!

That's what the Vauxhall agent told my mate when his packed up. Run it every now and then.

I've worked in refrigeration service for over 10 years and it's never just a case of one fault, one reason. Not that I'm saying if you don't use something for an extended period of time it should work, but there's a million and ten things that can go wrong with a refrigerated system.

You know everything about being cool dontcha

Quote: sootyj @ 6th August 2014, 10:46 PM BST

You know everything about being cool dontcha

What can I say, I know how to keep a clean condenser.

Quote: Ben @ 6th August 2014, 10:35 PM BST

I've worked in refrigeration service for over 10 years and it's never just a case of one fault, one reason. Not that I'm saying if you don't use something for an extended period of time it should work, but there's a million and ten things that can go wrong with a refrigerated system.

That's me told.

The cement mixer chugging away next to my house. I have lived for 18 years in a Cul- de-sac next to a small wooded area that is now being built on.

But does the light go off when you close the door...?

And it's not easy to see if the air conditioning compressor in a car is actually running, because the outer pulley always spins with the engine running, but it only turns the compressor when its little electric clutch is engaged.

TTPYO Trying to replace a washer with what was there before, and suspecting the reason the replacement doesn't work was because someone bodged the wrong bit in to start with. So it's either a plumber callout for £lots or use whatever other fixits I can get at the harware suppliers. Any recommendations?

My motto has always been - if a job' worth doing, get someone else to do it.
I've had too many plumbing nightmares to bodge it myself

It was a professional plumber who bodged it to start with!

But he did bodge it to a very high-standard...

You're not looking at a split washer and thinking "There's a bloody crack in it!" are you, Nogget?