I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,800

Quote: zooo @ 19th February 2016, 2:50 PM GMT

He's going to drive there in his tank.

Don't I wish. Lovey

I'll drive my sensible 2016 Hyundai Elantra that gets a respectable 30 MPG around town. And why not drive with gas being the equivalent of 26p per liter?

30 MPG is considered poor economy here, where fuel is 4x the price.

Quote: DaButt @ 19th February 2016, 3:05 PM GMT

I'll drive my sensible 2016 Hyundai Elantra

Sensible? On a comedy site?

Wasn't Elantra Queen of the Goblin people or something? Look it up when you get to the library.

Quote: Nogget @ 19th February 2016, 3:42 PM GMT

30 MPG is considered poor economy here, where fuel is 4x the price.

Your imperial gallon is 20% larger than our gallon, so it would be 36 mpg on the other side of the pond. And that's what I get in stop and go city driving; I get 40 MPG (46 UK) on the highway.

There are a lot of differences between cars in our countries. Almost every automobile has an automatic transmission. There are very few diesel cars on the road here, it's mostly reserved for semis and large trucks. My car would be considered small and underpowered in this country, but it's likely much heavier, larger and more powerful than a comparable car in the UK.

Also, European tests for for fuel economy are much different and more optimistic than our tests:

http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1091877_why-european-gas-mileage-ratings-are-so-high--and-often-wrong

Apparently when they said that the brother of Bernie Sanders was Larry they meant this bloke.

The original statement genuinely confused me.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_Sanders_(politician) :S

Quote: DaButt @ 19th February 2016, 6:16 PM GMT

Your imperial gallon is 20% larger than our gallon,

[size=20]Hold the front page!![/size]

"UK has summat bigger than the Americans!"

Read all abart it! Confession from across the pond!

Altogether now.........

"Land of Hope and Glory................."

I didn't get where I am today by being an oil muncher. Cool

My old stomping grounds in Florida were hit by a tornado today.

Ouch!

Reminds me a bit of that:

The Flying Scotsman - Kings Cross to York this morning on BBC Breakfast. Brought a tear to the eye and a lump to the throat.

What a magnificent and beautiful engine that is, and pulling all original cream and maroon coaches - wonderful. £450 a ticket. :O Had Michael Portillo on board of course.

"Tokyo Sexwale pulls out of Fifa's presidential race"

Is that the Japanese equivalent of the Welshman's favourite sheep?

Thank God, another honest Swiss man as head of the FIFA! :P

They just announced that presidential candidate Ted Cruz will have a meet and greet rally Monday afternoon at a place that's only 3 or 4 miles from my house. Our current governor and his predecessor will also be there, so I think I'll try to check it out.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 26th February 2016, 6:53 PM GMT

Thank God, another honest Swiss man as head of the FIFA! :P

'Spect he's opened his Swiss account already. Unimpressed

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 26th February 2016, 8:00 PM GMT

'Spect he's opened his Swiss account already. Unimpressed

Gianni Infantino is his name, here's a pic: