I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,797

Quote: zooo @ 27th January 2016, 3:06 PM GMT

:O A zombie?

Armed zombies would be a fun twist.

Hmm, yes. I've gone off the idea. I prefer them slow and dumb.

JK Rowling has just put an SNP Politian in her place over unsubstantiated suppositions. The SNP are smarting over Rowling backing the in vote on the referendum. Proletarians 1 Politicians 0

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/jk-rowling-destroys-snp-politician-7266360 :)

Quote: DaButt @ 20th January 2016, 12:42 AM GMT

I'm not a fan and I realize that you're joking, but what exactly did she ever do that would make her a candidate for murder?

True, but her crimes against syntax are surely enough to earn her a solid beating. What she said when she introduced Trump made no grammatical sense whatsoever.

Quote: chipolata @ 30th January 2016, 11:13 AM GMT

True, but her crimes against syntax are surely enough to earn her a solid beating. What she said when she introduced Trump made no grammatical sense whatsoever.

What did she say? I didn't watch it.

You'll get it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mvlm3LKSlpU You may need a hearing aid after it - don't think I've ever come across anybody with such a shrill screechy voice. With all her money she should invest in a voice coach.

I watched 2 minutes and didn't hear anything that would constitute a capital crime against grammar. Maybe it comes later, but there's no way I'm gonna listen to 17 minutes of any politician's blather.

I haven't watched all of it either. I just find her a total thick idiot and the fact she supports Trump confirms it.

So they have arrested the three elephant poachers who shot down the helicopter that was tracking them, killing the English pilot - good that the authorities acted so quickly, but they should have executed this filth on the spot.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 31st January 2016, 7:16 PM GMT

So they have arrested the three elephant poachers who shot down the helicopter that was tracking them, killing the English pilot - good that the authorities acted so quickly, but they should have executed this filth on the spot.

or just pulled all their teeth out with pliers.

Quote: Chappers @ 31st January 2016, 10:53 PM GMT

or just pulled all their teeth out with pliers.

That would be fitting. But then they should leave their bodies for the scavengers...

Are mosquitoes and daddy-long-legses the same thing?

I think Attenborough's job is safe.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 4th February 2016, 6:28 PM GMT

Are mosquitoes and daddy-long-legses the same thing?

No. Mosquitoes can kill of course, carrying many viruses such as malaria, which they pass on when they pierce the skin to suck blood and we don't have them in the UK - we do have various midges though that bite.

Daddy Long Legs (a generic name applied to any insect/spider with long legs) or the Crane Fly, which is what you are thinking of, in this country is completely harmless to human beings, but the larvae, known as leatherjackets eat the roots of vegetation, most notably grass and can ruin lawns.

So feel free to dance naked in the moonlight tonight Horse when you summon up the creatures of the night, but beware the midges.

http://www.uksafari.com/mosquitoes.htm