I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,780

Boom!

Throw away the fackin key

Tossers

Boom boom!!

"Laurence Fox has been ordered to pay £90,000 in damages each to two people he referred to as "paedophiles".
The actor-turned-politician lost a High Court libel case with former Stonewall trustee Simon Blake and drag artist Crystal.
The remarks on X, formerly Twitter, came in an exchange about Sainsbury's marking Black History Month.
Mrs Justice Collins Rice said the comments were "gross, groundless and indefensible"

Cough up that loot ya obnoxious twaaaaaat

He read the news.

I watched Rageh Omaar read the news last night and he was stumbling over his words and then speaking nonsense.
It says this morning he was taken ill during the broadcast but no more information.
It looked to me like a small stroke.
I do hope he is ok.

Could well have been a TIA, or mini-stroke.
Ironically, these can be life-savers as they draw the medic's attention to an issue before it gets life-threatening - especially in one so relatively young.

Couple of weeks ago, a regular local newsreader on Look East, suddenly stopped reading, started shuffling the papers he was holding, and looking around, like he didn't know where he was - most odd. There was a break, and when they came back on him, nothing was said and he carried on like nothing had happened.

Blimey!

"Former minister and Conservative MP Dan Poulter has defected to Labour.
In an exclusive TV interview with the BBC, the MP for Central Suffolk and North Ipswich told Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg that he could no longer look his NHS colleagues in the eye and stay on as a Conservative."

" It is abundantly clear to me that the Labour party alone has the will and the trust to restore and reform the NHS. That's why we need a Labour government, and why I believe Keir Starmer must lead that government as our next prime minister."

Quote: lofthouse @ 27th April 2024, 5:32 PM

Blimey!

"Former minister and Conservative MP Dan Poulter has defected to Labour.

Just proves my point that there is no difference between the modern left of centre Conservative Party and the current left of centre Labour Party. (Or indeed the left of centre Lib Dems, SNP, Greens or Plaid Cymru).

Au contraire
This just goes to prove that the Conservative party has moved to the right - to the point where it makes some of their members feel uncomfortable.
Apart from the PR coup (his comments about the safety of the NHS in Tory hands will be a terrific boost at next weeks Local elections) I'm not sure he'll be particularly welcome - this is an MP who voted for austerity and the Rwanda plan - clear points of difference, if one was genuinely minded to look for them.
He's also standing down at the next election - or 'jumping before he's pushed' as we prefer to call it - where he would have been unseated anyway.

Rumours going around the worldwide intraweb net thingy that a GE will be announced imminently - possibly tomorrow

Don't believe it myself

Nor do.
I remember the "It's definitely a May election" rumours circulating before Christmas.
I think they intend to prolong the pain as long as possible, to both feather their own nests and to shit in Starmer's.
The only reason Sunak might call it early is to avoid the possibility of a post-Local Elections leadership challenge.
The Leader of the Opposition job is clearly up for grabs (he'll be off like a shot - yachts to buy, swimming pools to build etc.) and there's a lot of jockeying for position going on at the moment.
He might want to lose on his own terms.

If other Tories were to defect it could force his hand

One can be handled

Two or three? Very difficult

Who let the Genie out to give you three wishes?
You'll have to wait until autumn cos genies don't exist.

Erm

Right

Okay....

Anyhoooooo

Quote: Lazzard @ 28th April 2024, 11:38 AM

Au contraire
This just goes to prove that the Conservative party has moved to the right - to the point where it makes some of their members feel uncomfortable.

Nonsense (if I may be so bold). The Parliamentary Conservative Party is its members. It is not some separate entity divorced from its own MPs. If its MPs have moved to the left then, ipso facto, the Conservative Party has moved to the left.

It's like saying Sheffield United are a brilliant football team; it's just that their players are not very good (other crap football teams are available).

Some Tories have moved more to the right, some haven't

The party is splitting into factions and it's hopefully going to tear itself apart for good

The Labour Party has almost done the same over the last 40 years or so when factions have been determined to move away from the centre- way over to the left

Starmer has managed to stop it, like Kinnock did in the 80's

Whether the tories can survive their own civil war remains to be seen...

Quote: lofthouse @ 28th April 2024, 9:25 PM

Starmer has managed to stop it, like Kinnock did in the 80's

Not necessarily a good precedent on which to hang your hopes.