I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,778

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 22nd April 2024, 7:18 PM

Trump attempted to mount a coup to overturn a democratic election result.

No, he did not.

Quote: lofthouse @ 22nd April 2024, 7:21 PM

"Last April, perhaps in a surge of Czech nationalism, Ivana Trump told her lawyer Michael Kennedy that from time to time her husband reads a book of Hitler's collected speeches, "My New Order," which he keeps in a cabinet by his bed. ."

Gee, I wonder what might motivate an ex-wife to smear her ex-husband as a Nazi?

Quote: lofthouse @ 22nd April 2024, 7:21 PM

And the dickheads jailed for beating policemen with flag poles are "hostages", not violent f**king scumbags

I have no qualms with jailing the violent offenders, but the vast majority were non-violent protestors. Compare their punishment with that of people arrested during the anti-police protests around the country.

People stormed the capitol in an orgy of violence because they were told, falsely, that their candidate in the election had been cheated out of a win

Who told them it had been stolen?

I'll give you a clue , the Illiterate, tangerine doofus who did tell them - says repeatedly that it had been "stollen"

Quote: lofthouse @ 22nd April 2024, 8:24 PM

People stormed the capital in an orgy of violence

Yeah, that's the term they'd like you to use. As a reminder, the rampant anti-police riots that were filled with looting, destruction, and murders were described as "mostly peaceful protests" by those same people.

Donald Trump is an asshole and I don't want him to be reelected, but before the events of January 6th, his address to the gathered crowd included "I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard".

Hr also said: "We will never give up. We will never concede. It doesn't happen. You don't concede when there's theft involved. Our country has had enough. We will not take it anymore, and that is what this is all about. And to use a favorite term that all of you people really came up with, we will stop the steal.
You will have an illegitimate president. That is what you will have, and we can't let that happen. These are the facts that you won't hear from the fake news media. It's all part of the suppression effort. They don't want to talk about it. They don't want to talk about it. ...
"We fight like hell, and if you don't fight like hell, you're not going to have a country anymore."

The Tommy Robinson case is not going as expected and will probably be thrown out today.
I thought it was only in The Sweeny where they doctored warrants - but they are still doing it.
The Met will be paying out more damages before this is over.

Do keep up.

Quote: Lazzard @ 22nd April 2024, 3:52 PM

Looks like Plastic Patriot, Tommy Robinson, might get off today - because the arresting officer put the wrong date on the warrant.
Bloody two-tier policing!

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 23rd April 2024, 6:01 AM

Hr also said: "We will never give up. We will never concede. It doesn't happen. You don't concede when there's theft involved. Our country has had enough. We will not take it anymore, and that is what this is all about. And to use a favorite term that all of you people really came up with, we will stop the steal.
You will have an illegitimate president. That is what you will have, and we can't let that happen. These are the facts that you won't hear from the fake news media. It's all part of the suppression effort. They don't want to talk about it. They don't want to talk about it. ...
"We fight like hell, and if you don't fight like hell, you're not going to have a country anymore."

"What you will learn is that President Trump sat in his dining room and watched the attack on television while his senior-most staff, closest advisors and family members begged him to do what is expected of any American president," the congresswoman added.

Republican committee member Adam Kinzinger said then-president Trump "did not fail to act during the 187 minutes between leaving the Ellipse and telling the mob to go home -- he chose not to act."

Five horses throwing their riders at the same time? Was this an attempted equine coup? Was that a pig called Napoleon I saw in the background?

www.msn.com/en-gb/cars/other/how-runaway-horse-chaos-unfolded-across-central-london/ar-AA1nzVb4

More refugees died in the channel yesterday sadly - including a 7 year old girl, who was obviously not there of her own choosing

Anyway, Reform uk's Ben Habib was interviewed about it this morning

I won't paste his moronic comments as I've got better things to do , but to sum up , he basically said - good, tough shit, let 'em fkn drown

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 24th April 2024, 4:32 PM

Five horses throwing their riders at the same time? Was this an attempted equine coup? Was that a pig called Napoleon I saw in the background?

www.msn.com/en-gb/cars/other/how-runaway-horse-chaos-unfolded-across-central-london/ar-AA1nzVb4

Seen various docs. on the mega training etc. that these horses go through, so something went seriously wrong to spook them that badly

Hallelujah

Labour to finally bring an end to John Majors disastrous decision to privatise our railways

It's been a complete and utter fiasco resulting in a diabolical rail service for all (all except the fat cat billionaires who have made obscene amounts of money despite their failures)

I went on the train this week for the first time and it was ridiculously expensive.

Council House Lil calling Sunak 'pint-sized' is a new low. (did lofthouse write her speech?) It's called the House of Commons - she's as common as they come.
I bet Starmer has his built-up shoes on today to make sure he's 4mm taller than Sunak.

Stephen it has been widely reported and confirmed that the it was Nadine Dorries that first used that phrase.
For the record I live in a council house and I don't see it as a slur I see it as my home.
I can understand that you have different politics than me but lay off the council house trope please mate you're better than that.

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 25th April 2024, 11:52 AM

Stephen it has been widely reported and confirmed that the it was Nadine Dorries that first used that phrase.
For the record I live in a council house and I don't see it as a slur I see it as my home.
I can understand that you have different politics than me but lay off the council house trope please mate you're better than that.

Agreed. Not good.