I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,774

"A Tory MP is under investigation over allegations that he misused campaign funds and abused his position after making a late-night phone call saying he'd been locked up by "bad people" who were demanding thousands of pounds, The Times can reveal.

Mark Menzies, the Conservative MP for Fylde and a government trade envoy, rang an elderly local party volunteer at 3.15am in December saying he was locked in a flat and needed £5,000 as a matter of "life and death". The sum, which rose to £6,500, was paid by his office manager from her personal bank account and subsequently reimbursed from campaign funds raised from donors.

£14,000 given by donors for use on Tory campaign activities had previously been transferred to Menzies's personal bank account and used for private medical expenses"

Lol!

CCHQ has known about this for Months and has done nothing

Now it's hit the papers - they've taken the whip off him

Will the daily mail shut the f**k up about rayner and plaster their front pages with this ?

Nah

The 'but, buuuut, buuuuuuuuuut what about Angela Rayner???' - bounce

"RECORD BREAKING @IpsosUK VOTING INTENTION 💥

Lab: 44%
Con: 19%
Reform: 13%
Lib Dems: 9%
Greens: 9%
Other: 6%

Lowest the Conservatives have ever polled with us across 45 years of surveys (breaking last month's record)"

Rishi has come up with yet a new plan to scrape back 1 or 2 % in the polls - he's going after the sick

Fiendish!

Best of luck with that, you vile little turd

I'm convinced they come up with policy by going down the pub and finding the arsehole in the corner and make a note of what he's moaning about.

I think it's deeper than that to be honest, moving from migrants to the mentally ill has been done before and we all know who by.

I don't know.
There are a few genuinely rabid Nationalists & racists - but in the main they're people who want to maintain a society where they and their kind can milk the rest of us for money.
So they point the finger at someone else - foreigners, the EU, Net Zero, young people, woke people, work-shy people, Trans people - and convince you that's why your life's a bit shit.
If you can do that and keep the plebs angry - they might not even notice that the people at the top are quietly getting rich off the back of it.

I agree to a degree , but the now that that the all the meat has been stolen off the bone the fat cats have fled with their loot. What we have left now is people willing to go as far right as they can and not just for money there are real zealots around this small little man.

He is now as unpopular as Truss was when she was wrecking our already struggling economy - its official

I reckon it'll all kick off after the Local Elections.
Popcorn at the ready.

If they go the way people expect then the Tories will lose what few foot soldiers and car sharers they had and will have to canvas on line only in many areas. That said if they can manage the damage to a certain degree it will enforce their Spads assertions that moving right was right and to go further.
It's bunker stuff it really is, Sunak has promoted so many to bogus allegedly lofty posts to the point that the party has about 9 Vice Chairmans they're like Field Marshalls with no troops under them.
Meanwhile outside the bunker Braverman is setting Foreign Policy, Johnson is a Churchill looking for a war. And in the ultimate irony there are now rumblings among the hangers on that they may have jumped the gun on judging Liz Truss.

And knowing that defeat is a virtual certainty- orders are going out to their troops outside of the bunker to destroy everything of any value so someone else will have to try to clean up the mess and get the blame

Absolutely disgusting behaviour from people with no morals or ethics

I've hated Tory governments down the decades because I disagree with their policies - but at least those Tory politicians were serious politicians doing what they thought was right

This lot are a different breed though

Never in this country's modern history has a more loathsome, morally bankrupt, sleazy, bunch of liars and charlatans been in charge - and they wonder why they are about as popular as herpes with the electorate

And here endeth the Party Political Broadcast for the Labour Party.

Maybe you would like to do one for the Tories?

you could mention stopping doctors from giving sick notes, to sick people

Or jailing and fining homeless people for being homeless and excessively smelly?

Have a bash !

Here's a thought.

Instead of regaling us with direct quotes from rags like the Grauniad, the I and the Mirror on a daily basis, which we can all read for ourselves if we so wish, as to why the Conservative Party are supposedly not fit for government, why not give us some positive reasons that the Labour Party is fit for government. For example, what are their policies for which we are all being urged to vote (those on which they have not already u-turned)? And how can we be sure that any remaining policies will actually come to fruition?

Or is it just a question that, whereas we know the Conservative policies and the fact that some may disagree with them, we do not know what the Labour policies are and so nobody can possibly disagree with them? Is it just a case of "vote Labour" because whereas they are hopeless, incompetent and untruthful, they are not as hopeless, incompetent and untruthful as the other lot? Not much of a basis for electing a government for the next five years.

Well said Billy!