I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,771

The Rwandans are now selling off the properties that were to house asylum seakers

Even they know they'll never get used!

Can we (The British tax payers) have
our BILLIONS of pounds back now please??

Fkn ridiculous

West Kirby is a lovely seaside town on the Wirral, me and yours truly often get the underground to visit it and have a walk and a cone of chips. Anyway they spent £20 million on a new sea defence which was a wall along the front that doubles up as benches and for me it looked great.
The first test came today and all the wall has done is trapped the water inside the town , whatever happened to joined up thinking?

Gormless Gertie has been pulled from an advertising campaign on Facebook.
I wonder why?

Weirdo perv Wragg has sacked himself

Cos Rishi was too gutless to do it

Reform have sacked their York central candidate because he was 'inactive.
They wanted all their candidates pushing for Reform at this important time.
He died in Febuary.

🤣🤣🤣

This, my good man, is an "inactive" parrot

Turns out a "grass roots" protest against Rayner, in Yarm by angry citizens , was actually staged, by Tory councillors and politicians

Maybe they couldn't find any real people who give a f**k

Daily Mail tomorrow running with Rayner unable to prove she wasn't behind the grassy knoll at Dealy Plaza when JFK was assassinated in 1963

Desperate morons

Anyway, I thought 'protesters' were all lefty trouble makers getting in everybody's way?

Tory MP nick fletcher advising voters to go out and vote for Lee Anderson in the GE

That's Lee Anderson, of the Reform UK party...

That's a sackable offence!

So is trousering £1500 in capital gains tax.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 12th April 2024, 7:40 AM

So is trousering £1500 in capital gains tax.

Story hasn't really excited the general public much so far despite the Mail's best efforts. It may yet do.
The clear underlying strain of snobbery and sexism evident in many of the attacks on her (as on here) because of her working class single mother background has rather backfired on her attackers so far.

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 12th April 2024, 9:01 AM

Story hasn't really excited the general public much so far despite the Mail's best efforts. It may yet do.

Nah

Labour lead at 26 points in latest YouGov poll for The Times

CON 19% (-1)

LAB 45% (+2)

LIB DEM 8% (=)

REF UK 15% (-1)

GRN 7% (-1)

Fieldwork 10 - 11 April

Equates to 520 Labour MPs , and THIRTY TWO conservatives 🤣🤣🤣🐀👍

The Rayner story definitely isn't getting much traction with the general public (I appreciate right wingers think it's dynamite and never stop blathering on about it, usually with a lot of misogyny mixed in, but nobody I know really cares). Although Rayner could always do what Suella Braverman did over sending sending sensitive documents from an email and endangering national security: resign, and then come back a week later in exactly the same post.

Also, Gormless Gertie is a terrible nickname. It needs to be pithier.

It's actually the hypocrisy that is most relevant. Starmer thinks he's got an ace up his sleeve with the common girl as his sidekick.
He'll rue it in the end.

People said similar things about John Prescott

And their smear campaign on that occasion was the two jags thing

Which was bollocks

(One staff car all cabinet ministers have, the other was his own personal car - do people think the deputy prime minister would drive a Ford fiesta ?)

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 12th April 2024, 10:45 AM

It's actually the hypocrisy that is most relevant. Starmer thinks he's got an ace up his sleeve with the common girl as his sidekick.
He'll rue it in the end.

But as somebody that hates Labour and wants them to fail, won't you be happier with Rayner in power? In office she's more likely to make gaffs and give you a stick to beat the new government with. Get rid of her now and you've lost a potential way to damage Labour in office. And hopefully you'll have come up with a better nickname by then to replace Gormless Gertie, which actually sounds like it was thought up by a Gormless Gertie.