I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,772

Where did I say I hate Labour? Or ever mentioned my political leanings?
You jump to too many conclusions to criticise the messenger - not the perpetrator

And now she is officially being investigated by the police for possible election fraud.
What did she call for when Boris was being investigated?

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 12th April 2024, 10:59 AM

You jump to too many conclusions to criticise the messenger - not the perpetrator

And now she is officially being investigated by the police for possible election fraud.
What did she call for when Boris was being investigated?

Not election fraud.
Electoral fraud - ie incorrect registering of home addresses.
It's just another spin on the same story.
Will it come to something or just be another "Beergate"?
Who knows - but don't imagine the Daily Mail will give up in a hurry - not till after the local elections, anyway.

Or you lot because 'she's one of us' (Thank you Yes Prime Minister)

?

Your political leanings are implied in many of your posts, much the way lofthouse's are. And you regularly post on this thread about the things that right wingers see as important (which is your right). I'm not sure why you get so offended and upset whenever this is mentioned.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 12th April 2024, 12:28 PM

Or you lot because 'she's one of us' (Thank you Yes Prime Minister)

Of course, I'm hoping there's nothing in it.
But I am encouraged by this new shift in tack as it implies the tax thing might be a dud.
Both my daughters still have our house listed as main residence because they haven't got round to changing it - lazy sods.
This is the crime they are now going after Rayner for.

The Tory mp who pressed the police to look into this again said that children in his constituency are suffering during these hard times , not due to 14 years of Conservative mismanagement of the economy , it's that they are the "products of crap parents".

If Rayner has broken the law, she should be dealt with clearly

If it's all nonsense, this wazzock should be charged with wasting police time and get on with his job

Which, considering he has a majority of 105 - won't be as an MP for very much longer

Quote: chipolata @ 12th April 2024, 12:32 PM

Your political leanings are implied in many of your posts, much the way lofthouse's are. And you regularly post on this thread about the things that right wingers see as important (which is your right). I'm not sure why you get so offended and upset whenever this is mentioned.

Jumping again eh. Try basing your posts on facts not supposition.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 12th April 2024, 1:42 PM

Jumping again eh. Try basing your posts on facts not supposition.

The fact is the majority of your posts (certainly on this thread) reflect the agenda and opinions of right wingers, much the same way as lofty's reflects the agenda and opinions of left wingers. We all do it on here to a certain extent and you're no different. It's not a massively controversial thing to say although if you want to get offended that's your perogative.

As for Rayner, I'm not that fussed. In a week when we learnt more about the truly horrific global monkey torture ring, this story is nothing but fluff.

Quote: Lazzard @ 12th April 2024, 12:18 PM

Not election fraud.
Electoral fraud - ie incorrect registering of home addresses.
It's just another spin on the same story.
Will it come to something or just be another "Beergate"?
Who knows - but don't imagine the Daily Mail will give up in a hurry - not till after the local elections, anyway.

It seems unlikely she would come out publicly and say she will quit unless she wasn't extremely confident she's done nothing wrong....

"I am completely confident I've followed the rules at all times," she said in a statement on Friday evening.

"We have seen the Tory party use this playbook before - reporting political opponents to the police during election campaigns to distract from their record. I will say as I did before - if I committed a criminal offence, I would of course do the right thing and step down. The British public deserves politicians who know the rules apply to them."

How bizarre that you've chosen to get offended about this of all things! You've made your political prejudices and hostility to Labour abundantly clear many times.

Do you have trouble reading? I'm sorry if you do.

I've just seen Lee Andersin's campaign leafets

Lee Andersin

I always thought he was an illiterate bozo 🤪😆

Huge disappointment all across the racist community as it turns out the Bondi attacker wasn't an Islamist.
Just a white bloke with issues.
Tweets being deleted like nobodies business.

That's some kind of victory in your eyes?

Not a victory.
Just confirmation.