I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,795

According to the second amendment you can only be in the militia (and have a gun, otherwise you would be a vigilante, wouldn't you?) if you are between 18 and 45, as well as male.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 14th January 2016, 5:07 PM GMT

According to the second amendment you can only be in the militia (and have a gun, otherwise you would be a vigilante, wouldn't you?) if you are between 18 and 45, as well as male.

That is not part of the Second Amendment. And as I've said before, the Supreme Court has ruled many times that the Second Amendment allows Americans to possess firearms without any sort of militia membership.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 14th January 2016, 4:20 PM GMT

It's another world.
And one I am no longer in a hurry to visit.

That's a pity. We have always loved our American holidays and if I wasn't so broke I'd be planning and booking one now.

Quote: playfull @ 14th January 2016, 5:22 PM GMT

We have always loved our American holidays and if I wasn't so broke I'd be planning and booking one now.

I wish I were gainfully employed and able to book another trip to the UK and other parts of Europe, especially since the exchange rate is so favorable, with the Euro and pound being valued at $1.08 and $1.44 respectively. That's much better than any of my previous visits.

Quote: DaButt @ 14th January 2016, 5:14 PM GMT

That is not part of the Second Amendment. And as I've said before, the Supreme Court has ruled many times that the Second Amendment allows Americans to possess firearms without any sort of militia membership.

These are due to later amendments, DaButt. Maybe not even named.

The rule of three...

69 year old Bowie now 69 year old Rickman. I bet there are a few worried 69 year old celebs...

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 14th January 2016, 5:43 PM GMT

These are due to later amendments, DaButt.

Incorrect.

Quote: playfull @ 14th January 2016, 5:45 PM GMT

The rule of three...

69 year old Bowie now 69 year old Rickman. I bet there are a few worried 69 year old celebs...

Donald Trump?

Quote: DaButt @ 14th January 2016, 5:46 PM GMT

Incorrect.

Donald Trump?

And who will mourn Trump bar his family, the man's a bloody loon.

With that orange nylon wig he has to be vulnerable to a potentially lethal static discharge...

You would think someone that is a billionaire could afford something better that what he has plonked on his head.

I thought it was an elaborate comb over?

Sarah Palin!!!! Why do the baddies shoot the wrong people?

Quote: keewik @ 20th January 2016, 12:11 AM GMT

Sarah Palin!!!! Why do the baddies shoot the wrong people?

I'm not a fan and I realize that you're joking, but what exactly did she ever do that would make her a candidate for murder?

On past form, she seemed very nearly as much a numpty as Trump. I remember being a bit alarmed when there seemed a possibility of her standing for President. I don't think I was alone in Britain with that opinion.

Quote: keewik @ 20th January 2016, 3:43 PM GMT

I remember being a bit alarmed when there seemed a possibility of her standing for President. I don't think I was alone in Britain with that opinion.

She never ran for president, so why the worries? And even if she had become president, what would she have done that would have affected you? Likely nothing at all.