I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,791

So............

German Chancellor Angela Merkel has said she will consider changes in the law to make it easier to deport migrants who commit crimes after sex attacks on women in Cologne.
The attacks on New Year's Eve have shocked the country and sparked a debate about Germany's open-door policy on migrants.

Consider?!?! Easier?!?! To deport, it should be FUCKING AUTOMATIC!!

Yes, welcome one and all, we will look after you and feel free to kick us up the arse anytime you have a want to.

Can we all deport anyone who commits sex crimes? Migrant or not. Send them to an island/Mars where they can all enjoy groping each other to their heart's content.

Quote: zooo @ 9th January 2016, 10:20 AM GMT

Can we all deport anyone who commits sex crimes? Migrant or not. Send them to an island/Mars where they can all enjoy groping each other to their heart's content.

Not Mars. I've often fantasised about going to live on a base on Mars. Just me and a big telescope, so I can keep an eye on what Earth's up to.

Uranus then?

Has anyone bagsied Uranus?

Quote: zooo @ 9th January 2016, 10:50 AM GMT

Uranus then?

Has anyone bagsied Uranus?

Filth.

Quote: chipolata @ 9th January 2016, 10:41 AM GMT

Not Mars. I've often fantasised about going to live on a base on Mars. Just me and a big telescope, so I can keep an eye on what Earth's up to.

Not content with having a constellation named after himself, the Great Bear is doubling up as a spy satellite now. How very Russian of you.

Quote: DaButt @ 7th January 2016, 2:28 PM GMT

Guess I should buy a lottery ticket before Saturday.

It's still climbing.

Cor. We have a rollover at the moment that everyone's going on about too.

Bloody pathetic amount compared to that though.

Quote: zooo @ 9th January 2016, 2:24 PM GMT

Cor. We have a rollover at the moment that everyone's going on about too.

Bloody pathetic amount compared to that though.

The drawings are held twice per week and the minimum jackpot is $40 million. They added more numbers recently and said that we'd occasionally see billion-dollar jackpots. That would mean about $400 million in taxes, so if I won it I'd demand that they name a Navy ship after me. A statue at the very least...

Quote: Nogget @ 9th January 2016, 7:35 AM GMT

"Overall, Branas's study found that people who carried guns were 4.5 times as likely to be shot and 4.2 times as likely to get killed compared with unarmed citizens. When the team looked at shootings in which victims had a chance to defend themselves, their odds of getting shot were even higher."

https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn17922-carrying-a-gun-increases-risk-of-getting-shot-and-killed/

This doesn't prove a causal link.

It certainly doesn't. How strange to investigate shootings that had already taken place, instead of the overall armed/unarmed population as a whole. As it stands, if you're involved in a shooting, there's a very good chance that you're involved in a gang, the drug trade and/or street crime. That's a very small segment of society.

Quote: DaButt @ 9th January 2016, 2:37 PM GMT

The drawings are held twice per week and the minimum jackpot is $40 million. They added more numbers recently and said that we'd occasionally see billion-dollar jackpots. That would mean about $400 million in taxes, so if I won it I'd demand that they name a Navy ship after me. A statue at the very least...

We're not doing too bad considering the difference in population AND ours is tax free - $400 mill. after taxes on one billion! Shit.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 9th January 2016, 2:48 PM GMT

$400 mill. after taxes on one billion! Shit.

$400 million in taxes, not $400 million after taxes. If I recall correctly, our maximum federal income tax rate is 39.6%.

Still too much for anyone to spend. ;)

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 9th January 2016, 3:01 PM GMT

Still too much for anyone to spend. ;)

Income tax, VAT, inheritance tax, sales tax -- governments are very good at confiscating our money.

Quote: DaButt @ 9th January 2016, 2:16 PM GMT

It's still climbing.

What's that now? New Leonardo di Caprio-which you don't want to be either?

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 9th January 2016, 3:09 PM GMT

What's that now? New Leonardo di Caprio-which you don't want to be either?

If I win I'll change my name to Leonardo di Crapio.