I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,787

Quote: Chappers @ 4th January 2016, 11:38 PM GMT

I just copied and pasted.It was them that screwed up.

That's what I meant. :)

So the Yanks are "up in arms" again so to speak.

The sad truth is that you will NEVER persuade certain people to give up their "right" to bare arms. They are just too thick to understand the implications.

Good luck Obama! You're goimg to need it.

Quote: Chappers @ 5th January 2016, 9:24 PM GMT

The sad truth is that you will NEVER persuade certain people to give up their "right" to bare arms. They are just too thick to understand the implications.

Good luck Obama! You're goimg to need it.

There's no need for the quotes as it is an actual right that is guaranteed by the constitution and upheld by the Supreme Court numerous times.

The president's latest unilateral actions will do absolutely nothing to reduce gun crime. American citizens of all races, genders, incomes and political parties see past his lies and that's why he has had such poor luck in enacting new legislation. But the attempts continue at the state and federal levels...

It might be a right - but it's a primitive, uncivilised "right".

Quote: Chappers @ 5th January 2016, 10:05 PM GMT

It might be a right - but it's a primitive, uncivilised "right".

Nope. The right to self-defence is one of the fundamental human rights.

Quote: DaButt @ 5th January 2016, 10:07 PM GMT

Nope. The right to self-defence is one of the fundamental human rights.

IT MIGHT BE BUT YOU DON'T FUCKING NEED GUNS!

Quote: Chappers @ 5th January 2016, 10:09 PM GMT

IT MIGHT BE BUT YOU DON'T FUCKING NEED GUNS!

I'll consider giving mine up when the criminals, police, military and government agencies give theirs up.

As you probably know our Police were never armed until relatively recently.

I think the Military need to stay armed.

Quote: Chappers @ 5th January 2016, 10:14 PM GMT

I think the Military need to stay armed.

Likewise, but our founders realized that armed citizens are helpful in preventing their government from turning on them.

Is that likely to happen?

Quote: Chappers @ 5th January 2016, 10:18 PM GMT

Nope.

Bunch of flipping drama queens!

Quote: Chappers @ 5th January 2016, 10:18 PM GMT

It's far less likely to happen with an armed populace.

Quote: zooo @ 5th January 2016, 10:20 PM GMT

Nope.

Bunch of flipping drama queens!

What if dreams came true and the American government banned firearms and had to forcibly remove them from the citizens' hands?

They're never gonna ban them.

Quote: DaButt @ 5th January 2016, 10:23 PM GMT

What if dreams came true and the American government banned firearms and had to forcibly remove them from the citizens' hands?

It would be fun to find out but basically you're over there so it wouldn't really affect us. We got rid of you 240 odd years ago.

Quote: zooo @ 5th January 2016, 10:24 PM GMT

They're never gonna ban them.

Every year they ban a few more. It's Death by 1000 Cuts.

Anti-gun politicians lie through their teeth when they say that they don't want to do away with the second amendment. If they had it their way they'd limit us to one single-shot black powder derringer with a limit of one round of ammunition and a 15-year waiting period and they'd swear that they were staunch supporters of the right to bear arms.

Politicians: they're liars.