I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,754

Quote: DaButt @ 29th July 2015, 11:40 AM BST

Because the world hates (secretly envies?) rich, white Americans much more than they care for poor, non-white Americans and non-Americans?

No - we just hate c**ts who shoot animals they're not going to eat and that includes Rhinos and Elephants for their ivory.

Quote: Chappers @ 29th July 2015, 6:00 PM BST

No - we just hate c**ts who shoot animals they're not going to eat and that includes Rhinos and Elephants for their ivory.

What about the c**ts who donate the meat to poor villagers? That's what typically happens. And I think that you'll find that it's Africans who poach rhinos and elephants for their horns (that are sold to the Chinese) and ivory.

How will the 'hunters' ever find the giraffes? That sounds so tricky and rewarding...

I see no moral difference between shooting a giraffe that was imported and bred for hunting and slaughtering a caged chicken that was raised and bred for eating. Or farm-raised fish, if you're a pescatarian.

I just hope those brave people find the giraffes before the giraffes find them. They're so predatory and ferocious with their big teeth and claws and... oh.

Penned cows, caged chickens and fish in a concrete pond are quite deadly, however.

Quote: DaButt @ 29th July 2015, 6:24 PM BST

Penned cows, caged chickens and fish in a concrete pond are quite deadly, however.

True! I'd think people who went out hunting them for fun with guns were pricks too.

It's not complicated. I think people who get a big bloodlust hard on over killing an animal are sick.

But hey, I'm not a vegan so my opinion is worthless.

I think I also stepped on an ant once.

Strand yourself on a desert island without food for a few days and you'll dance the happiest dance of your life when you manage to spear a crab.

People have hunted since the beginning of the species and they've enjoyed it the entire time. It's a natural thing.

Quote: DaButt @ 29th July 2015, 6:52 PM BST

Strand yourself on a desert island without food for a few days and you'll dance the happiest dance of your life when you manage to spear a crab.

Oh, totally. When the ZA comes, I will be shooting deer with an arrow and munching down on them. (I would feel like shit the first few times though.)

But people who kill animals for meat do it because it needs doing, they just get on with it. Maybe even reluctantly.

These people do it for fun. There's a massive and obvious difference (to me). They can dress it up afterwards as if they're doing it to keep the numbers down, or give the people who work at the game reserve a job, or that they donate the meat to homeless disabled babies. But that's not why they do it, they get off on killing for fun, and that's what a lot of people find disgusting. And there's nothing hypocritical about that, as far as I can see.

Anyway, we've all had this discussion at least 50 times before. When will we get sick of it? ;)

When meat stops being so tasty and hunting stops being so much fun?

*marks the calendar*

Quote: DaButt @ 29th July 2015, 6:08 PM BST

What about the c**ts who donate the meat to poor villagers? That's what typically happens. And I think that you'll find that it's Africans who poach rhinos and elephants for their horns (that are sold to the Chinese) and ivory.

I don't care what colour they are.

But are lions sold to the villagers? What about elephant and rhino hides?

The meat is given to local villagers. The hide is taken to a local taxidermist who will be paid tens of thousands of dollars for his work. Then tens of thousands of dollars will be paid to a local company to ship the trophy back to the hunter. And all of this is legally sanctioned and scientifically monitored.

Wealthy foreigners are not to blame for any conservation failures in Africa, but they are responsible for paying for most of Africa's conservation costs.

Africans are to blame for any wildlife crisis on the continent. Africans illegally kill 100x as many animals as foreign game hunters do. They do it for cheap meat, they do it for the Chinese "pharmacy" trade and they do it to clear land for farming and development. The number of animals scientifically and legally culled by foreigners pales in comparison.

F**king Trophy? A trophy is given if you actually win something. Not kill an animal.

F**king cretinous moron! Said on the news tonight that he was a ruined man in his home town - Good.

That photo of him standing "proudly" over that beautiful dead animal made me feel sick. Angry