I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,752

Things are too quiet here at the moment. Obviously an argument is needed. So ... What do you think about smacking children? I don't see anything wrong with smacking as opposed to beating.

Let's face it, some kids are arseholes.

I was up my allotment about 3 months ago when a relatively new bod was up with his son who was about 12. The kid obviously had some sort of a behavioral problem as his dad spent about an hour constantly shouting at him for doing the same things. I was bent down at the communal tap, so get couldn't see me, when through exasperation I saw the dad look round, do the Oliver hardy OOOHHHHHHHHH and side footed the lad right up the arse lifting him off his feet. Nearly shat myself laughing.

So we're all agreed then? Laughing out loud

I'm against it even though I was sometimes smacked as a kid and it didn't do me any harm. My view is it's not acceptable to smack an adult so it's not ok to smack a child.
I disagree with it but I'm not the person who reports parents in the supermarket for smacking their kids.

If it's more of a tap to shock them it's probably fine. But seeing anyone do anything more than that makes me mega uncomfortable. If you're going to beat up your kids do it at home for goodness sake. ;)

Quote: reds @ 26th July 2015, 1:21 AM BST

I'm against it even though I was sometimes smacked as a kid and it didn't do me any harm. My view is it's not acceptable to smack an adult so it's not ok to smack a child.
I disagree with it but I'm not the person who reports parents in the supermarket for smacking their kids.

Who says giving adults a smack is so bad.

Quote: sootyj @ 26th July 2015, 9:14 AM BST

Who says giving adults a smack is so bad.

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

What's all this fuss about Chris Froome? He's just another plastic Brit - a Saffa born in Kenya.

I'm trying not to let myself ask this but who the hell is Chris Fume?

Quote: keewik @ 26th July 2015, 8:33 PM BST

I'm trying not to let myself ask this but who the hell is Chris Fume?

Froome. The bloke who won the Tour de France.

Quote: Chappers @ 26th July 2015, 9:06 PM BST

Froome. The bloke who won the Tour de France.

*tries to hide boredom*

I say I say what's full of smoke and rides bikes

Chris Flume

Brits on bikes?....hmmmm...

....hmmmm....

You're not made to win the Tour de France!

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 26th July 2015, 10:11 PM BST

Brits on bikes?....hmmmm...

I see your still and raise you a movie. :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaDosUCcAUw&oref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DDaDosUCcAUw&has_verified=1