Series 5, Episode 2 - Dry Your Tears
With the departure of Dr Dibbs, Dr Ellingham moves back into his old surgery, agreeing to stay for a couple of months until a replacement can be appointed.
Determined to get to grips with fatherhood he asks Louisa to move into his house so he can help to raise their child. He even suggests that Louisa and 'baby' could move to London with him.
Louisa reluctantly agrees to move into the doc's house, and offers to help with reception duties, as the previous receptionist, Pauline has left. But Louisa is none too sure about the move to London. She had hoped to resume her career as headmistress of the village school.
Villagers pack the village church for the funeral of the doc's Aunt Joan. They are shocked when Martin's eulogy becomes a health warning about the dangers to the heart of eating the wrong food.
Aunt Joan's sister Ruth Ellingham attends the funeral and demonstrates the same cantankerous character as her nephew. She has no more intention of staying in Portwenn than Martin does. But Joan has left her the house and farm.
- Monday 19th September 2011
- 60 minutes
- Thursday 22nd November 2012 at 9:00pm on ITV3
- Friday 12th July 2013 at 9:00pm on ITV
- Saturday 10th May 2014 at 8:00pm on ITV3
- Tuesday 18th November 2014 at 8:00pm on ITV3
- Saturday 25th April 2015 at 1:35pm on ITV
- Saturday 27th June 2015 at 6:55pm on ITV3
- Friday 27th November 2015 at 8:00pm on ITV3
- Saturday 16th July 2016 at 7:00pm on ITV3
- Saturday 7th January 2017 at 8:00pm on ITV3
- Friday 21st April 2017 at 8:00pm on ITV3