Reggie Perrin - Series 1 Page 3

I didn't get where I am today by NOT being in the remake!

(ok, that was poor...)

Def.

More cast has been comfirmed:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/a142433/clunes-confirmed-for-new-reggie-perrin.html

Good old Digital Spy, making it look like they have some kind of world-first exclusive, ON A SERIES WHICH IS ALMOST FINISHED RECORDING. >_<

According to IMDb, it's a return to sitcom for Wendy Craig and Neil Stuke.

I am kind of interested in seeing this remake. The original was one of my favourite sitcoms.

Def.

Quote: Deferenz @ January 14 2009, 5:42 PM GMT

According to IMDb, it's a return to sitcom for Wendy Craig and Neil Stuke.

I am kind of interested in seeing this remake. The original was one of my favourite sitcoms.

Def.

I'm curious to see it, scared, but curious.

If they keep faithful to the original then it should quite interesting, if they completely rewrite it and have Clunes with a standard "BBC Sitcom Family" then it would be a big ol waste of talent.

Actually having a standard BBC sitcom torn apart by a manic depressive would be quite a good show! can you imagine "Life of Riley" with a Bi-Polar Dad? awesome!

Pirate

Quote: ADuck @ January 15 2009, 9:42 AM GMT

... can you imagine "Life of Riley" with a Bi-Polar Dad? awesome!

I have no choice but to imagine Life of Riley, as I'm sure as shit not gonna waste my time watching the bloody thing!

Quote: john lucas 101 @ January 15 2009, 9:48 AM GMT

I have no choice but to imagine Life of Riley, as I'm sure as shit not gonna waste my time watching the bloody thing!

Me neither; that's why the idea is so awesome! Which makes me a hypocrite I know.

It'd work with any BBC sitcom, My Family featuring a manic depressive Mum.

That rubbish one with Nicholas Lyndhurst as a the single dad. but the dad's an alcoholic and keeps trying to sell his kids on eBay.

The slightly less rubbish one with Nicholas Lyndhurst as the bloke that finds a time portal to the 1940s. But this time he's a paranoid schizophrenic!

Wow, I should tune into my headchannel more often. Play my cards right and I might get a Freeview slot!

Wave

Edited by Aaron - grammar etc.

Where can I buy the original series on DVD, without having to pay an extortionate price?
cheers

It appears to be a 'deleted' title, so the short answer is nowhere legally. :(

However, as it's deleted, and what with this new series, you can probably expect the original to come out again in a few months or so.

Martin Clunes is doing very well for himself these days. It does sound like a bit of a desperate attempt by the BBC to relive it's former glories, but let's hope it works.

I hope it doesn't have too many one-liners. Comedy seems to be in a curious position where making jokes sounds too unrealistic.

Example of a bad joke I've just thought up:

Two men walk into a bar, one says, "Do you ever get the feeling you're an overly-clichéd, hackneyed device, used inconsiderately as a rather superficial mechanism in a transitory, evanescent one-dimensional fabrication to elicit spontaneous ingurgitations in any given ephemeral social situation?" The other man says, "I don't know, I just come here to drink."

Hi,

Found this forum whilst searching for further details on 'Perrin'

I was in the audience for the recording of an episode of 'Perrin' on Friday night just gone. (Episode 3 I think). The programme seemed entertaining enough in its own right, with a story line about a sales trip to Finland. I don't think it will ever match the original though. I also found it quite difficult to believe that Martin Clunes was heading for a nervous breakdown in his interpretation of the part. Whilst he is a capable actor, he played it very much like an older version of the Gary character from the office scenes of 'Men Behaving Badly', if you know what I mean.

Lots of material for outtakes - perhaps they were filming for Aunties Bloomers at the same time! Recording seemed to take ages.

Thanks TB, interesting analysis there. It's going to be an interesting series at very least. What industry is he working in?

Quote: True Briton @ January 20 2009, 8:40 PM GMT

I was in the audience for the recording of an episode of 'Perrin' on Friday night just gone. (Episode 3 I think). The programme seemed entertaining enough in its own right ... I don't think it will ever match the original though.

Thanks for logging on and letting us know your thoughts True Briton. It's good to hear that it isn't a disaster, but then again not that surprising I guess to hear that you don't think it matches up to the original.

Quote: Aaron @ January 20 2009, 8:44 PM GMT

What industry is he working in?

According to this article (by David Nobbs in which he explains why the show is back from the dead) the writer says Perrin is now working in male grooming.

Blimey.

Not going to read! Lalalalal! *sticks fingers in ears*

Can't believe they're remaking this. Hope it's ok,