Reggie Perrin - Series 1 Page 32

Did you wish they made another series of the new version Aaron? Martin Clunes was great in this also he was good in Men Behaving Badly.

Yes, I did really rather enjoy it and would very much have liked to see more.

Me too revival of sitcoms don't get many series though for some reason.

The original is being shown on Yesterday

First ep tonight at 7:40pm

I have to admit that I haven't actually bothered to watch ANY of this, as a huge fan of all of the original series featuring Reginald Iolanthe Perrin with Leonard Rossiter I couldn't bring myself to view it.
It didn't help that this features Martin Clunes, who is for me only OK as a TV performer, I just can not understand how he has become so successful, that he has cropped up in so many TV productions, especially remakes of classics. Are there really so few actors available? If so then that's a poor show indeed.

He has got a funny face though!

The recent article got me to dig this out on YouTube, more out of curiosity than anything else. I was expecting a piece of shit - the original was so iconic - but I've loved it so far. Remains true to the original but brings it up to date. Living outside the UK I really miss this kinda quintessentially English humour.
PS Today's Challenge: Find one single article on Perrin that doesn't adapt the 'Didn't get where I am today' catchphrase.

... And true to form, the second series is surplus, pointless, tedious crap that meanders around till time's up for no reason other than it got commissioned. File under Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy and Saw. Shame.

That's surely the fault of the book the original series was based on, or the Beeb for sticking far too close to both and not daring to turn it into a trad style independent story per episode sitcom where it's less prone to tail off into a long and meandering conclusion?

In the words of Sylvia Plath, f**k knows.
I once borrowed an edited VHS of the original, and f**k me does it go on. I had the same experience BoobTubing the full-lengther during Lockdown, and trying this.
The problem with these things is they're not designed to continue like Bored Of The Rings: they do their thing and then more gets commissioned so they have to eke out further material when they have f**k all to add.
My wife's forbidden me from watching any more Spice Girls videos. Cockdown.

I don't think I ever saw series one to the end, let alone series 2 (was there one?)

I remember the original too well though.