The Peter Serafinowicz Show Page 5

If just two writers can make a show this funny, then it just shows how crap something like Touch Me I'm Karen Taylor is, that has about 14 writers.

The repetition could become annoying but at least it added something to the sketches each time (apart from the Holmes & Watson and the Shopping Channel), unlike something like Little Britain or Catherine Tate which is just the exact same sketch with practically the same dialogue every week but just in a different location, all leading up to a catchphrase. So aslong as that doesn't happen I'll be happy.

I have to admit, it wasn't quite as funny as I thought it would be, but it's still the best thing I've seen for ages. I'll definately be watching evey episode. Oh, and that Jennifer saunders thing was shite.

Like all sketch shows, it was hit and miss, but I enjoyed most of it. Didn't like the Clone House sketches. Too long and overdone, although maybe its because of my genuine hatred of the real thing!

Really liked the insurance ad - not sure why but it cracked me up. Laughing out loud

Promising. Will certainly stay with it.

I hated it and thought it was just awful. The only thing that made me smile was "you may now kiss the priest." Apart from that the Holmes sketch was well done but the rest of it (IMO) was very bad indeed.

I am not a big fan of sketch shows generally but there was enough there for me to tune in next week.It was defintely better than most sketch shows that I have watched in the last year & defintely better than 'dogfaced'

Really interesting reading all these posts. A complete spectrum from 'kin hated it to loved it and even at the individual sketch level a favourite sketch for someone was the worst one for another and vice versa. The subjective nature of comedy I suppose.

Only consensus I could spot was that everyone seemed to think the BB Stevie sketch had been re-visited too often.

I actually liked the 'B.B.' sketch. This was mainly because, like "Stevie" I'm from Liverpool, and it's such a novelty for me to hear someone on T.V. say "Go 'ead" or "Come 'ead".

I've only just got round to watching this on the old sky+ and have to say it was so much better than I was expecting! I really enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to next weeks episode now, and the benefit of watching the first one a few days late, is I wont have long to wait :D

Quote: Quentin @ October 7, 2007, 12:04 PM

I've only just got round to watching this on the old sky+ and have to say it was so much better than I was expecting! I really enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to next weeks episode now, and the benefit of watching the first one a few days late, is I wont have long to wait :D

That is basically what I was going to say. I've just finished watching it about five minutes ago and I thought it was great. The Stevie BB sketch was revisited maybe one or two times too many, but it was great. I look forward to the next one.

Quote: Dale Griffiths @ October 6, 2007, 7:20 AM

Really interesting reading all these posts. A complete spectrum from 'kin hated it to loved it

Yeah... it's really split us down the middle hasn't it.

Someone sent me this YouTube video of a real advert that's been on telly: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoVUs3v5sSk

I wonder if Peter might have seen it... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-QfTKoea5Y

Haven't you seen that before Mark?!

It's vaguely dispiriting when an hour of the 'best' British comedy yields fewer laughs than a Panorama special. Miranda Richardson was brilliant on Vyle though.

I thought it was really good this week. James Bond and the Butterfield ones being my favourite.

He's a really darn good impressionist too but I'm glad it's not an impressionists show (Zzzz).

I thought it was bollox

Didn't get past the first 5 minutes

Oh My God! I've never witnessed a comedy series take such a nose dive. They clearly put all the semi decent sketches in the first show in order to hood wink viewers into tuning in this week. Never have I seen a show which offered so much promise crash and burn like this. Absolutely dire. The only semi decent sketch was the Butterfield one and you would only like it if you've seen the original advert it parodies.