The Peter Serafinowicz Show Page 11

Quote: Martin Holmes @ October 18, 2007, 11:11 PM

Much improved on last weeks the recurring sketch of Darth Vader was really nicely done. Lots of nice touches in it and the gag where he confused the picture of the Woman symbol on the toilet for himself was brilliant. Gems, Internet Ham, the Gravy sketch and Orgy Form (P69 :)) were all great. Couple of crap ones mainly Michael-6 and Butterfield wasn't good this week.

How have you not seen The Usual Suspects?! That is sacrilege.

The Notorious BIG bit had me cracking up. I also liked the Orgy Form sketch. Oh, and his Alan Alda impression is so good.

Quote: Martin Holmes @ October 18, 2007, 11:11 PM

Much improved on last weeks the recurring sketch of Darth Vader was really nicely done. Lots of nice touches in it and the gag where he confused the picture of the Woman symbol on the toilet for himself was brilliant. Gems, Internet Ham, the Gravy sketch and Orgy Form (P69 :)) were all great. Couple of crap ones mainly Michael-6 and Butterfield wasn't good this week.

Agreed on the Darth Vader sketch - thought that was really funny.

Butterfield has lost steam - shame cause I loved him in the first episode. Also, the O News sketches annoy me, but I think its more cause I hate those celebrity news things in real life. Felt exactly the same when 'Broken News' did their weekly celebrity round-up with that OOT camp guy (forget his name).

Maybe we find it hard to accept these sketch shows starring just one person because it's hard to believe they're a different character every couple of minutes. That was the problem with Man Stroke Woman because basically they were dressed normally all the time but I did like Rush Hour.

i loved butterfiled this week!
and the goldfinger song .

I wasn't really watching it properly...

Was he being Ringo?

I got confused, because he looks like Paul anyway.

Yeah, that Notorious B.I.G. part was totally unexpected.

Quote: Aaron @ October 18, 2007, 10:12 PM

Kevin Spacey is supposedly very, very creepy. And very, very gay.

That's what I've read anyway.

I don't think you've read it any where unless they got sued for libel

This show is bloody confusing. Episode 1 very good, original ideas and high hit rate. Episode 2 complete nose dive, hardly any redeeming features. Episode 3 is somewhere in the middle, well more towards very good than dire. I just hope we get more weeks like this and less like last week.

The biggie smalls part had me laughing out loud, the kevin spacey ringing the talent agency then saying dont lie to me was very funny. I think they maybe need to shorten the sketches.

Personally I thought that it was just as bad as last week if not worse.

The robot talk show and the news sketch are exactly the same joke every week and weren't that funny to begin with.

The Darth Vader sketch was essentially 1 joke (him acting like a human) spread over 5 minutes.

The Kevin Spacey sketch was painfully unfunny, painfully slow and painfully predictable.

The antiques sketch was similarly predictable...

Darth Vader was pretty good, if you liked it check out Chad Vader (on Youtube). Butterfield was ace, he needs his own sitcom! Just his little fat face cracks me up...although I was expecting the last singer to be someone random :) Most sketches do have at least one big laugh in them.

Missed episode 2, but after enjoying episode 1, I really felt let down by the third episode. It's a bit worrying that the format of the show seems to have run it's course by the third show. Hopefully it can pick itself up for episode 4 but I think I'm more likely next week to stick with The Sarah Silverman Show over on Paramount.

Often a little derivative, but nevertheless a great improvement. The Darth Vader and Kevin Spacey sketches were very well executed.

Quote: ShoePie @ October 19, 2007, 9:09 AM

Butterfield was ace, he needs his own sitcom!

Definitely! A great character.

I think Aaron summed it up best - some brilliant stuff, some real yawn moments. Still, at least there is some hits; most recent sketch shows have been stuffed with just misses.

Oh, yes. The Goldfinger sketch was great.

Quote: Nick @ October 19, 2007, 8:50 AM

The Darth Vader sketch was essentially 1 joke (him acting like a human) spread over 5 minutes.

How was it one joke? There were loads of little touches that made it great, him washing his face in the sink, the confusion with the Woman's toilet symbol thinking it was a picture of himself, him casually leaning on the side when asking her if she wanted to come to his 60th etc.